Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. today announced the availability of its ANX74xx product family that integrates all the elements needed to implement the new USB-C standard. Ideal for smartphones, tablets, notebooks and wearables, a single chip contains a cable configuration controller, a port controller and manager, and a high-speed switch for USB 3 and DisplayPort. In addition, the high-speed switch includes patent-pending circuits to reduce signal attenuation so that no external redriver is required in the USB-C system.
"Over time, the full-featured USB-C cable will replace HDMI cables, and indeed all USB cables, to become the ubiquitous way to transfer power, data and video. With all the integration present in our ANX74xx, no additional chips are needed to implement USB-C, allowing device makers to reduce their design footprint, bill of materials, and time to market," said Andre Bouwer, vice president of marketing for Analogix. "Moreover, with the ANX74xx manufacturers benefit from unified hardware and software across the full range of device form factors, which makes Analogix the one-stop shop for all USB-C implementations."
The USB-C connector offers comprehensive functionality including the following configurations:
- Power delivery: USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) - up to 100W battery charging
- Data transfer: SuperSpeed USB (USB 3) - up to USB 3.1 Gen 1 5Gbps
- Video: DisplayPort Alternate Mode - supports resolutions up to 4K UHD and even 8K.
Each of the above configurations can be implemented with a single-chip as follows:
- ANX7428, optimal for X86 based notebooks - 4 lanes of DisplayPort and SuperSpeed USB switching, DisplayPort Alternate Mode, USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7418, optimal for ARM based smartphones, tablets and action cameras - 2 lanes of DisplayPort and SuperSpeed USB switching, DisplayPort Alternate Mode with SlimPort® transmitter, USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7408 - SuperSpeed USB switching with USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7409 - SuperSpeed USB switching with USB-C Port Controller
- ANX7401 - USB-C Port Controller with Power Delivery
- ANX7403 - USB-C Port Controller.
The product line-up is currently sampling and partner reference designs are available to facilitate and accelerate time to market.
ANX74xx is being demonstrated at Computex 2015, Analogix exhibitor suite # 1143 & 1144 at The Grand Hyatt Taipei.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit