Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. today announced the availability of its ANX74xx product family that integrates all the elements needed to implement the new USB-C standard. Ideal for smartphones, tablets, notebooks and wearables, a single chip contains a cable configuration controller, a port controller and manager, and a high-speed switch for USB 3 and DisplayPort. In addition, the high-speed switch includes patent-pending circuits to reduce signal attenuation so that no external redriver is required in the USB-C system.
"Over time, the full-featured USB-C cable will replace HDMI cables, and indeed all USB cables, to become the ubiquitous way to transfer power, data and video. With all the integration present in our ANX74xx, no additional chips are needed to implement USB-C, allowing device makers to reduce their design footprint, bill of materials, and time to market," said Andre Bouwer, vice president of marketing for Analogix. "Moreover, with the ANX74xx manufacturers benefit from unified hardware and software across the full range of device form factors, which makes Analogix the one-stop shop for all USB-C implementations."
The USB-C connector offers comprehensive functionality including the following configurations:
- Power delivery: USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) - up to 100W battery charging
- Data transfer: SuperSpeed USB (USB 3) - up to USB 3.1 Gen 1 5Gbps
- Video: DisplayPort Alternate Mode - supports resolutions up to 4K UHD and even 8K.
Each of the above configurations can be implemented with a single-chip as follows:
- ANX7428, optimal for X86 based notebooks - 4 lanes of DisplayPort and SuperSpeed USB switching, DisplayPort Alternate Mode, USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7418, optimal for ARM based smartphones, tablets and action cameras - 2 lanes of DisplayPort and SuperSpeed USB switching, DisplayPort Alternate Mode with SlimPort® transmitter, USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7408 - SuperSpeed USB switching with USB-C Port Controller and Power Delivery
- ANX7409 - SuperSpeed USB switching with USB-C Port Controller
- ANX7401 - USB-C Port Controller with Power Delivery
- ANX7403 - USB-C Port Controller.
The product line-up is currently sampling and partner reference designs are available to facilitate and accelerate time to market.
ANX74xx is being demonstrated at Computex 2015, Analogix exhibitor suite # 1143 & 1144 at The Grand Hyatt Taipei.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam