BearGames is looking for team members to join them in creating some really cool and exciting games. For junior developers working in a student studio is a great way to broaden your games industry network, have some fun and create content for a portfolio.
There are three team members in BearGames, the team are looking to expand to produce more work and complete their games. The team are currently working on a strategy spaceship game and have some huge plans for the future. In Particular BearGames is looking for team members with skills in: Development, Artistry/Animation and Music.
We spoke with team leader, Daniel Bartlett, 18, from Trowbridge, Wiltshire, to find out more about his journey in games, experiences so far on Train2Game, the studio and the games they are working on.
"I realised I wanted to study game design when I would be sat in class or in my room thinking of ideas for games. And when I played games I would always be thinking 'how could this game be better?'"
"Then one day searching through the internet to see how easy it was to become a games designer, I came across the Train2Game website. I liked what I saw so applied. A month later I had a phone call saying someone will be round to make sure this is what and then I started."
"Studying Games Design at Train2Game is great because I study when I want and at my own pace. But when I get to a point I get stuck on, other students help me more than the tutor team does!"
"My team is called BearGames. We are currently made up of three people: me as the Games Designer, Finance, Marketing and Leader. Macaulay Tennant as the developer who I met on the 2014 fun day on Minecraft, Fabio Rodrigues as artist and animator who I recruited from the Train2Game FB page."
"Both of them are great people and we are all great friends that can have a laugh and play games together. We are currently looking for another Developer and Artist/Animator to help on the work load and most importantly we need someone who is good at sounds and music."
"We are currently working on a command your own spaceship fleet to defeat the aliens. It will include a campaign and various multiplayer modes so you can work in a team or on your own to complete different objectives. We don't have a name for it yet but we do have most of the art work completed."
"It is a combat strategy game, players will use a different strategy for each level that you will decide from either a pre-set group or one that the you created yourself. While shooting at the aliens who's strategy will be constantly changing throughout each level."
"For the success of our game we want to build a fan base that can help us fundraise for our next bigger game. We want to work with another studio to include voice activation in our games to make them more fun and interactive for the player."
"We already have our next game planned and will be a much bigger project. Our long team goal is to become a well-known game studio that creates games we want and to make, games the community wants by using the ideas they have and putting some ideas together, then making games for You Tubers and other famous people in the games world."
"My personal dream is to become the leader of a big games studio based in the UK that creates games for the community and to give a percentage of our profits to charity."
Train2Game, bringing City & Guilds to the Games Industry
Train2Game is a proud supporter of https://www.plasisgamesportal.com
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit