Japanese cooling expert Scythe announces the official successor of Ninja 3 Rev. B CPU Cooler. Ninja 4 comes with some major technical innovations, including the increased performance and reduction of overall weight by 180 grams. Wide range compatibility to the common sockets from AMD and Intel is assured, which is very typical for Scythe products.
Ninja 4 stays true to the core concept of the Ninja series, by keeping focus on passive and semi-passive cooling capabilities of the tower-cooler. To further underline this core concept, a new fan with additional features has been introduced. The GlideStream 120 PWM fan has been equipped with a special fan controller, allowing users to switch between three different fan speed ranges. Low mode has been tuned for extremely silent operation, where PWM control range varies from 300 to 800 RPM at virtually inaudible noise levels from 4,0 to 12,5 dBA. Medium mode suits most user purposes, as it covers a wider range from 300 to 1.150 RPM and offers the best performance to silence ratio. The last mode has been implemented for users seeking more performance, since it offers the maximum fan speed range starting at 300 and ending at 1.500 RPM. Supplied GlideStream 120 PWM fan has great influence on the Ninja 4 design in addition, thanks to its grey fan blades and black fan-frame.
Scythe has made modifications to the structural design of the Ninja 4, where total of six 6-mm copper heat pipes are aligned in one layer inside the copper base-plate. Both the base-plate and heat pipes have been nickel-plated in addition. Thanks to this setup and further adjustments, total weight has successfully been reduced by 175 grams to 905 grams, while increasing the overall performance at the same time. Users seeking further improvement of performance or silence are able to mount another 120 mm case fan thanks to the second supplied set of fan clips.
Ninja 4 utilizes the back-plate based Hyper Precision Mounting System (H.P.M.S) for firm mounting and easy installation procedure. The socket compatibility list features AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2 and FM2+ from AMD as well as sockets LGA775, LGA1150, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA1366, LGA2011 and 2011-v3 from Intel. All mounting clips, one screwdriver, two sets of fan clips as well as thermal grease and a manual are supplied with the Ninja 4 CPU Cooler.
Scythe Ninja 4 (Model No. SCNJ-4000) CPU Cooler is available as of today. Suggested retail price is set at 37,50 EUR (excl. Taxes). For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games is making ANOTHER multiplayer game
- FSP intro new SFX DAGGER PRO 650W and 550W PSUs
- Mario Maker 2 turns the Switch into a 3DS
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Quarantine beta sign-ups available
- Gearbox announce Penn & Teller troll VR game F.U.U.U & U
- Aerocool Cylon Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- track pad stops responding
- Kensington SD2000p Nano USB-C Dock Review
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Minecraft notes a transcultural success in China with over 1.36 billion mod downloads
- Gearbox Raises The Curtain on Penn and Teller VR: Frankly Unfair, Unkind, Unnecessary & Underhanded, Launching June 27
- Turn-based RPG Fort Triumph receives major update, final version to come in Q1 2020 to PC and consoles
- Taiwan International Balloon Festival lifts off from Luye Highlands on June 29
- Save the Multiverse Today With the Xbox One Release of Double Cross