Mobile game developers could win a publishing deal equivalent to $50,000 in a competition launched as part of the Unsung Heroes initiative by Spil Games today.
In the first phase of Unsung Heroes, we heard from game developers about how tough it is to get an audience in the app stores. Now we want to begin to do something about that.
We want to persuade gamers to play a wider variety of games because they're missing some real gems. The Unsung Heroes Competition will help us to make that point.
We want developers to let us know about the games they think merit a larger audience, to tell us their stories and to convince us that the games deserve to be given a chance. Everyone is a winner because, just by entering the competition, developers will get more attention for their games.
For the best game, we'll be awarding a publishing contract equivalent to $50,000 in marketing and support. This game will be marketed to a massive audience around the world, including Spil Games' 130 million unique monthly users. We will help with writing and optimizing app-store descriptions, monetize to improve revenue generation and localize to ensure the winning game reaches a global audience. The game will also attract all the publicity that goes with being a competition winner.
"We had a huge response to Unsung Heroes when we launched it at Casual Connect in February," says Tung Nguyen-Khac, CEO of Spil Games. "Developers really got what we were trying to do. With this competition, we're taking things to the next level and demonstrating our commitment to finding an audience for their awesome mobile games."
Latest News Posts
- Digital makes 93% of Ubisoft earnings, microtransactions up
- PC is now Ubisoft's most lucrative platform
- The Division 2 is 2019's best-seller, Ubisoft says
- Luigi's Mansion 3 has a spooky Halloween debut, October 31
- PUBG's backstory is a Lex Luthor puppetmaster fantasy dream
- ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro NVMe SSD Review
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer