Mobile game developers could win a publishing deal equivalent to $50,000 in a competition launched as part of the Unsung Heroes initiative by Spil Games today.
In the first phase of Unsung Heroes, we heard from game developers about how tough it is to get an audience in the app stores. Now we want to begin to do something about that.
We want to persuade gamers to play a wider variety of games because they're missing some real gems. The Unsung Heroes Competition will help us to make that point.
We want developers to let us know about the games they think merit a larger audience, to tell us their stories and to convince us that the games deserve to be given a chance. Everyone is a winner because, just by entering the competition, developers will get more attention for their games.
For the best game, we'll be awarding a publishing contract equivalent to $50,000 in marketing and support. This game will be marketed to a massive audience around the world, including Spil Games' 130 million unique monthly users. We will help with writing and optimizing app-store descriptions, monetize to improve revenue generation and localize to ensure the winning game reaches a global audience. The game will also attract all the publicity that goes with being a competition winner.
"We had a huge response to Unsung Heroes when we launched it at Casual Connect in February," says Tung Nguyen-Khac, CEO of Spil Games. "Developers really got what we were trying to do. With this competition, we're taking things to the next level and demonstrating our commitment to finding an audience for their awesome mobile games."
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes