Mobile game developers could win a publishing deal equivalent to $50,000 in a competition launched as part of the Unsung Heroes initiative by Spil Games today.
In the first phase of Unsung Heroes, we heard from game developers about how tough it is to get an audience in the app stores. Now we want to begin to do something about that.
We want to persuade gamers to play a wider variety of games because they're missing some real gems. The Unsung Heroes Competition will help us to make that point.
We want developers to let us know about the games they think merit a larger audience, to tell us their stories and to convince us that the games deserve to be given a chance. Everyone is a winner because, just by entering the competition, developers will get more attention for their games.
For the best game, we'll be awarding a publishing contract equivalent to $50,000 in marketing and support. This game will be marketed to a massive audience around the world, including Spil Games' 130 million unique monthly users. We will help with writing and optimizing app-store descriptions, monetize to improve revenue generation and localize to ensure the winning game reaches a global audience. The game will also attract all the publicity that goes with being a competition winner.
"We had a huge response to Unsung Heroes when we launched it at Casual Connect in February," says Tung Nguyen-Khac, CEO of Spil Games. "Developers really got what we were trying to do. With this competition, we're taking things to the next level and demonstrating our commitment to finding an audience for their awesome mobile games."
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions