Mobile game developers could win a publishing deal equivalent to $50,000 in a competition launched as part of the Unsung Heroes initiative by Spil Games today.
In the first phase of Unsung Heroes, we heard from game developers about how tough it is to get an audience in the app stores. Now we want to begin to do something about that.
We want to persuade gamers to play a wider variety of games because they're missing some real gems. The Unsung Heroes Competition will help us to make that point.
We want developers to let us know about the games they think merit a larger audience, to tell us their stories and to convince us that the games deserve to be given a chance. Everyone is a winner because, just by entering the competition, developers will get more attention for their games.
For the best game, we'll be awarding a publishing contract equivalent to $50,000 in marketing and support. This game will be marketed to a massive audience around the world, including Spil Games' 130 million unique monthly users. We will help with writing and optimizing app-store descriptions, monetize to improve revenue generation and localize to ensure the winning game reaches a global audience. The game will also attract all the publicity that goes with being a competition winner.
"We had a huge response to Unsung Heroes when we launched it at Casual Connect in February," says Tung Nguyen-Khac, CEO of Spil Games. "Developers really got what we were trying to do. With this competition, we're taking things to the next level and demonstrating our commitment to finding an audience for their awesome mobile games."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard