Rapoo, one of the world's leading manufacturers of peripherals in the wireless segment and the first manufacturer of products featuring 5 GHz wireless technology, holds an impressive 42% market share in China. Today, it proudly launches its new V800 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. VPRO Gaming Labs, Rapoo's dedicated specialist department backed up by a 120-strong R&D team and one of Asia's most cutting-edge production facilities, has revised the V800 specifically for the European market - and now the final details about the V800 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard are ready for release.
The V800 has ultra-durable switches thanks to VPRO Gaming Labs choice of yellow Kailh switches from Kaihua Electronics. These advanced switches ensure keystrokes feel the same throughout their lifespan of up to 60 million operations. With a 2 mm activation point and 50 g operating force the keys offer an ultra-fast response speed, even in the heat of battle. But this isn't the only area where VPRO Gaming Labs' focus is on offering maximum quality: Both the materials as well as the finish meet the highest standards. Among the revisions made for the European market, the keyboard has a matt coating. This non-slip material offers more grip and is less prone to finger marks. All five dedicated macro keys (G1-G5) on the left-hand side of the keyboard can also be customized for lightning-fast access to macros.
5 profiles including Gaming Mode button
Each of the 5 profiles can be customized to suit the gamer's preferences and are conveniently stored in the V800's 2 MB of onboard memory. As a really special feature, VPRO developed the Gaming Mode. This allows easy toggling between game and Windows settings. For instance, pressing the Gaming Mode button deactivates the Windows function keys automatically.
Multi-level backlighting system for top-secret night-time missions
All the keys on the V800 are backlit. This offers total control over the keyboard even in total darkness. The multi-level key illumination function offers five backlighting modes. A dedicated backlighting button on the top-right of the keyboard means it's easy to adjust the brightness level. The V800 also has an additional feature: "Breathing" mode. When selected, the keyboard takes control of the backlighting, smoothly fading the lighting in and out.
Customizable keys and rapid input processing
109 of the 113 keys on the V800 are individually programmable, including with self-recorded and precisely timed macros. These can be recorded and edited in a flash using the supplied Macro Manager included in the driver.
The computing power required for rapid input processing is provided by the V-Power3 Gaming Chip which packs a 60 MHz 32-bit ARM Core processor. This makes the keyboard a truly customized tool which responds to every key press and executes every command at breakneck speed.
Anti-ghosting and online live-update
The V800's anti-ghosting function builds on the V700, allowing simultaneous execution of multiple commands regardless of how many keys are pressed at the same time. The driver's online live-update feature informs the user automatically about new firmware and driver updates.
Maximum sturdiness & stability + dimensions
The V800 is housed in a tough casing which makes the keyboard incredibly sturdy. Here too, VPRO has improved the stability of the V800 compared to the V700. The revised fold-out keyboard legs, finished with a rubberized coating, grip most surfaces ensuring the keyboard remains rooted to the spot. The V800 measures in at 506 Ã- 180 Ã- 40 mm and weighs 1510 g. The braided USB cable is 2 m long and doesn't get tangled up while the keyboard is being carried around thanks to the additional transport clip. This killer package is rounded off by a 1000 Hz USB polling rate plus gold-plated USB connector.
Availability and pricing
The V800 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is available now for an MSRP of 119.00.
- 113 mechanical keys, 109 programmable keys
- 5 dedicated macro keys
- Multi-level backlighting system with 5 modes
- Gaming Mode/Standard Mode button
- 1000 Hz USB Polling Rate
- 2 mm Key Travel Distance
- 50 g Operating Force
- V-Power3 Gaming Chip (32-bit ARM core)
- 2MB onboard memory
- USB Polling Rate: 1000 Hz
- Gold-plated USB connector
- 2 m braided USB Cable
- Transport Clip
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- New Switch refresh has 9 hours battery life, same specs
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access