Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the release of the Razer Chroma SDK beta. The new tool allows developers to integrate their games with the advanced lighting systems found on the Razer Chroma line of gaming peripherals.
Game developers can now customize each individual LED on Chroma-enabled Razer mice, keyboards and headsets to create lighting effects for in-game actions and situations in real-time. For example, the Razer BlackWidow Chroma can flash red when a player is killed or a base is under attack. Similarly, health and mana bars or cool down timers in MOBA games can be instantaneously displayed, giving players a more immersive gaming experience.
"The Chroma line has rapidly become the most popular family of gaming peripherals the world over, and with the Chroma SDK, we have unleashed the true potential of our devices," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. "The Chroma SDK allows Razer devices to become a part of the game, reacting to in-game action for a much deeper gaming experience."
The Razer Chroma SDK also allows for the creation of standalone applications that run natively on the Razer BlackWidow Chroma keyboard. Some examples of these applications are a clock app that intelligently uses the keyboard's function, number and numpad keys to display time, and the classic "Snake" game that utilizes the arrow keys.
Gamers can control which of their applications can send lighting effects to their Chroma enabled Razer devices via Razer Synapse, Razer's cloud-based configuration software.
Starting today, the Razer Chroma SDK is available in beta and is free to download for everyone. Developers are invited to get all the essential tools to get started on developing Chroma enabled apps at developer.razerzone.com/chroma.
During the beta phase, the SDK will work with the Razer BlackWidow Chroma mechanical gaming keyboard. Future updates will open the SDK to all Chroma enabled Razer devices.
List of Chroma enabled devices to follow soon:
- Razer DeathAdder Chroma
- Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
- Razer Naga Epic Chroma
- Razer BlackWidow Chroma or Razer BlackWidow Chroma Stealth keyboard
- Windows® 8 / Windows® 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Programming Languages Supported: Support for C and C++, languages
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions