Synology Inc. today launched the new DiskStation DS115. Featuring a dual-core processor and compact design, this 1-bay NAS server allows homes and small businesses to take advantage of centralized data storage, borderless file sharing, easy cloud synchronization, multimedia streaming, home surveillance, and much more.
"DS115 makes it easy to work, play, and share files from anywhere. With its speedy performance, intuitive interface, and diverse ecosystem of add-on packages, DS115 is a great NAS server for homes or small businesses - especially for people who still rely on external hard drives, flash drives, or cloud services to swap and share files," said Jonathan Wang, product manager at Synology Inc.
Upgraded to a dual-core processor, DS115 delivers enhanced computing power and file transfer speeds exceeding 111 MB/s reading and 104 MB/s writing - giving users a 36% increase in writing speeds when compared with its predecessor. The built-in floating-point unit allows for speedier photo thumbnail generation. Equipped with a USB 3.0 port, DS115 connects to external hard drives and a variety of other devices. DS115 is also designed with energy efficiency in mind, consuming only 5.44W during hibernation and 10.21W when accessed.
DS115 runs DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.1, an intuitive operating system that offers a host of add-on packages to increase efficiency at work and offer a new level of entertainment at home. DSM 5.1 makes it easy to synchronize files across multiple devices and cloud storage services, stream multimedia to televisions with DLNA, AirPlay, and Chromecast, set up a home surveillance system, or create digital scrapbooks with the Note Station package.
Synology was named "PC Mag Business Choice Award 2014 winner" for the second consecutive year and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ