Synology Inc. today launched the new DiskStation DS115. Featuring a dual-core processor and compact design, this 1-bay NAS server allows homes and small businesses to take advantage of centralized data storage, borderless file sharing, easy cloud synchronization, multimedia streaming, home surveillance, and much more.
"DS115 makes it easy to work, play, and share files from anywhere. With its speedy performance, intuitive interface, and diverse ecosystem of add-on packages, DS115 is a great NAS server for homes or small businesses - especially for people who still rely on external hard drives, flash drives, or cloud services to swap and share files," said Jonathan Wang, product manager at Synology Inc.
Upgraded to a dual-core processor, DS115 delivers enhanced computing power and file transfer speeds exceeding 111 MB/s reading and 104 MB/s writing - giving users a 36% increase in writing speeds when compared with its predecessor. The built-in floating-point unit allows for speedier photo thumbnail generation. Equipped with a USB 3.0 port, DS115 connects to external hard drives and a variety of other devices. DS115 is also designed with energy efficiency in mind, consuming only 5.44W during hibernation and 10.21W when accessed.
DS115 runs DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.1, an intuitive operating system that offers a host of add-on packages to increase efficiency at work and offer a new level of entertainment at home. DSM 5.1 makes it easy to synchronize files across multiple devices and cloud storage services, stream multimedia to televisions with DLNA, AirPlay, and Chromecast, set up a home surveillance system, or create digital scrapbooks with the Note Station package.
Synology was named "PC Mag Business Choice Award 2014 winner" for the second consecutive year and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- First 2 hours of Kojima's Death Stranding confirmed complete
- Fortnite earns $2.4 billion in 2018, tops free-to-play chart
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!