Synology Inc. today launched the new DiskStation DS115. Featuring a dual-core processor and compact design, this 1-bay NAS server allows homes and small businesses to take advantage of centralized data storage, borderless file sharing, easy cloud synchronization, multimedia streaming, home surveillance, and much more.
"DS115 makes it easy to work, play, and share files from anywhere. With its speedy performance, intuitive interface, and diverse ecosystem of add-on packages, DS115 is a great NAS server for homes or small businesses - especially for people who still rely on external hard drives, flash drives, or cloud services to swap and share files," said Jonathan Wang, product manager at Synology Inc.
Upgraded to a dual-core processor, DS115 delivers enhanced computing power and file transfer speeds exceeding 111 MB/s reading and 104 MB/s writing - giving users a 36% increase in writing speeds when compared with its predecessor. The built-in floating-point unit allows for speedier photo thumbnail generation. Equipped with a USB 3.0 port, DS115 connects to external hard drives and a variety of other devices. DS115 is also designed with energy efficiency in mind, consuming only 5.44W during hibernation and 10.21W when accessed.
DS115 runs DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.1, an intuitive operating system that offers a host of add-on packages to increase efficiency at work and offer a new level of entertainment at home. DSM 5.1 makes it easy to synchronize files across multiple devices and cloud storage services, stream multimedia to televisions with DLNA, AirPlay, and Chromecast, set up a home surveillance system, or create digital scrapbooks with the Note Station package.
Synology was named "PC Mag Business Choice Award 2014 winner" for the second consecutive year and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard