Toshiba Corporation's Semiconductor & Storage Products Company announced the launch of a 3TB 2.5-inch hard disk drive (HDD), the industry's largest capacity. Utilizing perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR) technology, the "MQ03ABB300" is the industry's first 2.5-inch HDD to achieve 750GB per platter, using a total of 4 platters to achieve storage of 3TB. Suitable for external personal storage devices and space-constrained use cases requiring high storage capacity, the "MQ03ABB300" is small in size but large in storage capability. Sample shipments will begin in May.
The "MQ03ABB300" offers the best in energy consumption efficiency in the 2.5-inch form factor, with lower power consumption and 50 percent larger capacity compared to Toshiba's previous generation 4-platter 2TB "MQ01ABB200."
The "MQ03ABB300" is suitable for single and multi-drive HDD home and SMB storage enclosures by providing ample space for data storage. The power efficient design also makes it a suitable solution for USB connected external personal storage applications.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit