AMD today announced that the AMD Embedded G-Series system-on-chip (SoC) will be powering the new TVS-863+ and the TVS-x63 platform from QNAP, a leading provider of network attached storage (NAS) systems. The platform, designed for small to medium-sized business (SMB) and small office/home office (SOHO) customers, is a leader in its class. The TVS-x63+ series is also a very affordable option for 4/6/8-bay SMB NAS servers that feature10GbE support and hardware-accelerated encryption.
"The new QNAP NAS system based on the AMD Embedded G-Series SoC exemplifies AMD's continued dedication to innovation on embedded solutions," said Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Embedded Solutions. "NAS is a great application for the AMD G-Series SoC, taking advantage of the strong compute, low-energy consumption, and integrated GPU for display and acceleration."
The AMD Embedded G-Series SoC (previously codenamed "Steppe Eagle") offers QNAP a platform with a high performance quad-core 2.4GHz processor, up to 16GB RAM support, integrated security with hardware encryption engine, and a discrete-class graphics processing unit (GPU) and I/O controller on the same die.
"The AMD Embedded G-Series SoC is ideal for SMB and SOHO network storage needs," said YT Lee, vice president, QNAP. "It provides a low-power platform with exceptionally high performance at an affordable price point. This feature-rich platform provides ideal cost-performance ratio for business users."
QNAP TVS-x63+ series Turbo vNAS is powered by a cutting-edge AMD quad-core 2.4 GHz processor with 10 GbE capability, and features a hardware-accelerated encryption engine with over 400MB/s throughput, legendary AMD Radeon graphics, and AMD-V virtualization support. It is loaded with features and a leader in its class, and can effectively lower the operational costs and increase productivity when used in 24/7 business applications. The platform offers customers centralized data storage, sharing, backup, and management, along with comprehensive business applications. In addition, the platform contains numerous compelling features including:
- High-speed 10GbE for fast business data backup, sharing and video editing
- Fast 256-bit full AES NAS encryption performance for enhanced data security
- QNAP QvPC Technology for running multiple virtual machines with 4K display support
- Professional network video recorder system for real-time monitoring, recording, playback, alarm notifications, and Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) to safeguard business assets and property when used with supported IP cameras.
- On-the-fly and background video transcoding with hardware acceleration
- Dual HDMI connectivity with 7.1-Channel HD audio pass-through for video enthusiasts
QNAP's new TVS-x63+ series Turbo vNAS will be available later this month in most retailers.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball Legends mobile game revealed
- Division and Hitman devs form new studio Sharkmob
- THQ Nordic to revive old-school Nickelodeon games
- WhatsApp co-founder tells the world to delete Facebook
- Iron Harvest smashes through Kickstarter goal, $1m is close
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit