Toshiba Corporation today announced the launch of "TJM35420LT", the industry's first TransferJet adapter for iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod that is compliant with TransferJet close proximity wireless transfer technology. Sales of the adapter by mass marketers and online stores are scheduled to start from spring 2015 in Japan, followed by Europe, the Americas and Asia.
TransferJet is a close proximity wireless transfer technology standard promoted by the TransferJet Consortium. The technology provides simple connections and ultra-high speed data transfers with low power consumption, and works simply by bringing the two devices in the transfer into close proximity. Maximum data throughput is 375 Mbps, and 100 MBytes of data can be transmitted in approximately three seconds.
Users can use TransferJet after attaching the adapter to an iPhone, iPad or iPod with a Lightning connector and downloading the iOS app from the App Store. The adapter provides high speed file transfer throughput for large data sources, including movies and pictures. Users simply select the data file to be transferred on the screen of a mobile device and then "touch" the device against the receiving device.
In parallel, Toshiba has also launched a 2nd generation USB adapter "TJM35420AUX" for the Windows OS, and a MicroUSB adapter module "TJM35420AMU" for the Android OS, that are compliant with TransferJet, with sales scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2015.
The new adapters for the Android and Windows OS offer a 1.7 times faster transfer rate, 30% lower power consumption and 30% less volume than Toshiba's previous models.
The new TransferJet adapters will be exhibited at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), to be held in Las Vegas from January 6.
Latest News Posts
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- Halo 6 won't have battle royale, 343i reiterates
- Genesis Mini's classic games library is shaping up nicely
- Leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots show Middle Eastern theme
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Massage salon
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!