Toshiba Corporation today announced the launch of "TJM35420LT", the industry's first TransferJet adapter for iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod that is compliant with TransferJet close proximity wireless transfer technology. Sales of the adapter by mass marketers and online stores are scheduled to start from spring 2015 in Japan, followed by Europe, the Americas and Asia.
TransferJet is a close proximity wireless transfer technology standard promoted by the TransferJet Consortium. The technology provides simple connections and ultra-high speed data transfers with low power consumption, and works simply by bringing the two devices in the transfer into close proximity. Maximum data throughput is 375 Mbps, and 100 MBytes of data can be transmitted in approximately three seconds.
Users can use TransferJet after attaching the adapter to an iPhone, iPad or iPod with a Lightning connector and downloading the iOS app from the App Store. The adapter provides high speed file transfer throughput for large data sources, including movies and pictures. Users simply select the data file to be transferred on the screen of a mobile device and then "touch" the device against the receiving device.
In parallel, Toshiba has also launched a 2nd generation USB adapter "TJM35420AUX" for the Windows OS, and a MicroUSB adapter module "TJM35420AMU" for the Android OS, that are compliant with TransferJet, with sales scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2015.
The new adapters for the Android and Windows OS offer a 1.7 times faster transfer rate, 30% lower power consumption and 30% less volume than Toshiba's previous models.
The new TransferJet adapters will be exhibited at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), to be held in Las Vegas from January 6.
Latest News Posts
- Join the fight in our 'Alita: Battle Angel' Blu-ray giveaway
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price