Toshiba Corporation today announced the launch of "TJM35420LT", the industry's first TransferJet adapter for iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod that is compliant with TransferJet close proximity wireless transfer technology. Sales of the adapter by mass marketers and online stores are scheduled to start from spring 2015 in Japan, followed by Europe, the Americas and Asia.
TransferJet is a close proximity wireless transfer technology standard promoted by the TransferJet Consortium. The technology provides simple connections and ultra-high speed data transfers with low power consumption, and works simply by bringing the two devices in the transfer into close proximity. Maximum data throughput is 375 Mbps, and 100 MBytes of data can be transmitted in approximately three seconds.
Users can use TransferJet after attaching the adapter to an iPhone, iPad or iPod with a Lightning connector and downloading the iOS app from the App Store. The adapter provides high speed file transfer throughput for large data sources, including movies and pictures. Users simply select the data file to be transferred on the screen of a mobile device and then "touch" the device against the receiving device.
In parallel, Toshiba has also launched a 2nd generation USB adapter "TJM35420AUX" for the Windows OS, and a MicroUSB adapter module "TJM35420AMU" for the Android OS, that are compliant with TransferJet, with sales scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2015.
The new adapters for the Android and Windows OS offer a 1.7 times faster transfer rate, 30% lower power consumption and 30% less volume than Toshiba's previous models.
The new TransferJet adapters will be exhibited at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), to be held in Las Vegas from January 6.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions