PC computing leader Lenovo today announced, at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show, the cutting edge ThinkPad 2015 product portfolio. Featuring the latest generation ThinkPad X1 Carbon, the world's lightest 14-inch performance ultrabook, the iconic brand celebrates 100 million units shipped and continues to build on its unique heritage enjoyed by loyal and passionate fans around the world.
Lenovo also introduced the ThinkVision X24 monitor, bringing gorgeous ultra-thin IPS panel technology to the computing workspace, and ThinkPad Stack, a unique power bank that offers mix and match interlocking accessories to maximize productivity and minimize clutter.
"Since the original ThinkPad 700, ThinkPad engineers have continued to drive innovation by making each new ThinkPad better than the last. Reaching 100 million units sold proves they are succeeding," said Yang Yuanqing, chairman and CEO, Lenovo. "When we acquired IBM's PC business, we made a promise to not just protect the ThinkPad franchise, but to make it even better, even stronger. Today, ThinkPad continues to be one of the most respected brands in the industry, fueling Lenovo's rise to number 1 in the global PC industry. Now, even as Lenovo expands into mobile devices, servers, and ecosystem and cloud computing, ThinkPad will remain at the core of our strategy and the heart of our business. It is an honor to continue to bring this legendary brand to our customers, and I look forward to many more ThinkPad milestones to come."
Lenovo's Best Business Ultrabook gets even Better
The third generation state-of-the-art X1 Carbon continues the tradition of ThinkPad brand equity. The lightest 14" performance ultrabook in the world features new options like a super bright FHD display for the best viewing experience and a PCIe solid state drive for up to 80% faster storage performance than standard SSDs.
The newest X1 Carbon is also the most mobile ever, with even longer battery life and still weighing under 2.9 pounds with a durable and rugged carbon-forged chassis. Coupled with 5th Generation Intel Core processors and a whole suite of accessories to optimize the experience, the X1 Carbon permeates the ThinkPad heritage and continues to inspire relentless innovation.
The updated ThinkPad portfolio for 2015 highlights expanded business-class features and builds on the legacy of ThinkPad DNA: thin and light, with extended battery life to maximize mobility, and bright and clear displays up to 3K resolution for optimum viewing pleasure and ergonomic comfort. These new ThinkPads sport a complete set of ports and connections to make viewing, sharing and transferring data simple and effective. Featuring 5th Generation Intel Core processors, the new ThinkPad X, T, L and E series continue the brand focus on trusted quality.
Innovative, elegant and with a gorgeous borderless screen, the 7.5mm thin ThinkVision X24 could be the centerpiece of any desk space. Featuring a next generation Neo Blade 23.8 inch panel, the X24 also includes a unique pre-coated metal surface technology in place of a traditional rear cover enhancing the premium design. The IPS panel highlights include Full HD resolution with a wide 178 degree viewing angle and DisplayPort or HDMI digital connectivity. The stylish and sturdy chrome stand is tilt-adjustable for ergonomic viewing complete a superlative display experience, both in performance and design experience.
Through Lenovo's unique interlocking design, the need for multiple adapters and cables for charging multiple devices is virtually eliminated. More portable, fewer cables, and extra features mean ThinkPad Stack accessories are made for mobility. Through a magnetized interlocking design, multiple Stack accessories take up less space and store more cleanly than traditional options. Pogo pin technology also allows each accessory to work better together. The 10,000 mAh Power Bank keep phones and tablets powered up on long trips, the one terabyte USB 3.0 Hard Drive offers huge expansion on the road, the Wireless Access Point ensures a strong and stable Wi-Fi environment while travelling and the Bluetooth Speaker pairs seamlessly with ThinkPad systems to extend audio playback.
"It has been a genuine privilege to be an integral part of ThinkPad notebook success through one hundred million units," said Brian Krzanich, Intel CEO. "The dedication and imagination of ThinkPad engineers over the years has produced some remarkable technological breakthroughs. As computing takes new forms and enables amazing new experiences, Intel is eager to see what Lenovo can come up with next."
"I'm thrilled to join Lenovo in celebrating 100 million ThinkPads shipped with Windows!" said Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft. "Together Microsoft and Lenovo will continue to delight our shared customers and empower them to thrive in our mobile-first, cloud-first world."
Pricing and Availability
- Models of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon start at $1249 and will be available from January 2015.
- Models of the ThinkPad X250 start at $1149 and will be available from February 2015.
- The ThinkVision X24 starts at $249 and will be available from April 2015.
- ThinkPad Stack accessories will be available from mid-April 2015, with ThinkPad Stack Bluetooth Speaker at $89.99, ThinkPad Stack 10000mAh Power Bank at $49.99, ThinkPad Wireless Access Point /1TB Hard Drive Kit at $199.99.
- The 2015 ThinkPad portfolio also includes:
- Models of the ThinkPad T450s and T450 start at $1099 and $849 respectively and will be available from February 2015.
- Models of the ThinkPad T550 start at $999 and will be available from February 2015.
- Models of the ThinkPad E450 and E550 start at $599 and will be available from February 2015.
- Models of the ThinkPad L450 start at $699 and will be available from February 2015
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz