Acer announced today it will introduce new Aspire V 17 Nitro notebooks that will feature the advanced Intel RealSense 3D camera. Because the camera can understand and respond to natural movement in three dimensions, Aspire V Nitro owners will be able to interact with games, open web pages or navigate applications without even touching the notebook's keyboard or mouse. It also enables 3D scanning, 3D model generating and then printing on a 3D printer or sharing on social media. Several intuitive apps introduce new ways to interact in gaming, entertainment, and content creation.
"Acer believes three dimensional computing offers unlimited potential for both professional and consumer uses," said Jerry Kao, President of Acer Notebook Business Group. "Business applications include 3D modeling, mapping and architectural design, while the most popular consumer uses will likely include augmented reality gaming, and simple PC navigation and control."
The Intel RealSense 3D camera includes a conventional camera, an infrared camera and an infrared laser projector. Together, they infer depth by detecting infrared light that has bounced back from objects in front of it. This visual data, taken in combination with Intel RealSense motion-tracking software, creates a touch-free interface that responds to hand and head motions as well as facial expressions. This works together with several applications that take 3D technology to a new level, with more to come:
- Warrior Wave - a Greek themed game that introduces a depth-based hand control that is both fun and challenging. The outline of the hand allows players to manipulate characters and objects based on their motions, so in this game, the hand movements can stop, lift, bounce, and do much more to the characters to make this a highly interactive experience.
- 3DMe - enables 3D scanning right from this notebook. Scan the person's profile on the front, left and right sides using the RealSense camera, and instantly preview on different 3D characters and become a superhero or star! With the 3DMe software, click play and watch the personalized character come to life in a fully animated virtual setting, or order a 3D printed figurine for a one-of-a-kind 3D collectible.
The V Nitro featuring the new Intel RealSense 3D camera will be on display at Pepcom's Digital Experience! Event on Jan. 5th at The Mirage in Las Vegas.
"With Intel RealSense technology consumers will be able to control and interact with their computers in a natural and immersive way," said Kirk Skaugen, Senior Vice President, Intel and General Manager, Client Computing Group. "Whether it is controlling a game with your gestures or easily scanning your face or an object for 3D printing, the Acer Aspire V Nitro featuring Intel Core processors and Intel RealSense is an exciting step forward for consumers looking for a high-performance notebook."
Acer's Aspire V 17 Nitro series of high-performance notebooks deliver superior performance, multimedia and entertainment features in a sleek and elegant design. Lightning fast processing, cutting-edge graphics, optional Full HD displays, and amped up audio help to immerse players in the action. It is the ultimate platform for any professional or consumer power user.
Acer V 17 Nitro notebook models include large 17.3-inch Full HD displays with IPS technology and are powered by a 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad Core processor and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M graphics with up to 4 GB DDR5 VRAM for full-tilt performance and smooth game play, and up to 16 GB of memory. Speedy 128 GB or 256 GB solid state drives and up to 1 TB of hard disk storage provide fast wake times and rapid access to files, movies, songs and photos.
It also incorporates the newest 802.11ac wireless specification for fast and more reliable Internet connections. The ultrafast 802.11ac wireless networking standard is up to twice as fast as the previous generation spec (802.11n) and increases network speed, range and reliability, enabling more people to use different wireless devices and simultaneously stream content with less interference. Dual wireless antennas supporting both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies enable speedy Internet connections.
To keep the notebook running cool and at optimum performance, V 17 Nitro models include Acer DustDefender, a unique dust removal system that uses a high-speed fan with thin metal blades to remove dust build-up, improve heat dissipation and minimize noise.
Four built-in speakers (8 W total output) combine with Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater for powerful surround sound for gaming, movies and music. Various models in the V 17 line include either a Blu-ray Disc drive for a crystal clear movie experience or an 8X DVD Super Multi Double Layer Drive.
Pricing and Availability
The Aspire V 17 Nitro series of notebooks featuring the Intel RealSense 3D camera will be available in January worldwide. Exact specifications, prices and availability will vary by region.
Latest News Posts
- Snoop Dogg receives first copy of Spyro Reignited via drone
- First live action Pokemon Detective Pikachu trailer released
- NES Controller pre-order available for Switch Online members
- PlayStation's Black Friday Sale: $199 = 1TB PS4 + Spider-Man
- New Jump Force fighters: SSGSS Vegeta/Goku & Golden Frieza
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms