LG Electronics (LG) today announced plans to introduce its new 2015 Music Flow Wi-Fi Series lineup for music and movie lovers worldwide. Demonstrated for the first time at the 2015 International CES in Las Vegas next month, the U.S. LG audio lineup includes the company's first battery-powered Portable Wi-Fi Speaker, three additional Wi-Fi Speakers as well as three new upgraded Wi-Fi Sound Bars. These speakers are designed to be compatible with Android and iOS devices and allow consumers to build a custom home audio system that can be controlled using LG's Music Flow mobile app.
Each LG Music Flow Wi-Fi device can be used independently or connected to one another device wirelessly, using Advanced Wireless Network and Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4/5GHz) technology to deliver a seamless audio experience. Unlike other Bluetooth speakers, streaming to a Music Flow Wi-Fi Series speaker from a smartphone continues uninterrupted when receiving a call. If home libraries aren't enough, users can stream music from service providers such as Spotify Connect, Rhapsody, TuneIn, and more.
LG's new Music Flow Smart Wi-Fi audio lineup includes three different speakers of varying size and power output as well as the LG NP8350, the company's first wireless speaker with a built-in battery for easy portability from one room to another in the home.
LG Music Flow makes creating a personalized wireless home entertainment center easier than ever. In Home Cinema Mode, users can wirelessly connect two Music Flow speakers to the Wi-Fi Sound Bar as rear left and right channels to completely immerse the viewer in a true surround sound experience. Each speaker can be individually set to match the desired environment based on the speaker's position. Additionally, LG's BP550 Streaming 3D Blu-ray Player or LAB550W SoundPlate can be connected to Music Flow speakers to stream sound from any CD or a connected USB drive.
What's more, the Auto Music Play feature gives LG Music Flow the ability to deliver a user experience that maximizes convenience for listeners on the go. Music on a smartphone will automatically begin playing on a Music Flow Wi-Fi speaker when the phone comes within one foot. So a user could be listening to music on headphones on the subway ride home but the music will begin playing automatically from the living room Wi-Fi Sound Bar when the user enters living room.
The collection also comes with LG HomeChatTM capability that allows users to control the LG devices using the popular LINE free-text messaging app on any smartphone or tablet. With this feature, users can send a text to the audio system using simple commands such as "play songs for party" or "turn off music after one hour." With HomeChat, LG Music Flow Wi-Fi Series can also act as a personal assistant, setting alarms and alerting users of upcoming events on command.
"The flexibility and quality of the LG Music Flow Wi-Fi Series delivers a listening experience that goes beyond what conventional audio systems have been able to offer until now," said Byung-hoon Min, senior vice president and head of the CAV division at the LG Home Entertainment Company. "With Wi-Fi capability and high-fidelity audio output, our Music Flow Wi-Fi Series is the epitome of what a smart audio system should be capable of in the 21st century."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit