Today CalDigit, the company of choice for the content creation industry, announces that the Thunderbolt Station 2 will be shipping from January 26th 2015, and is available to pre-order now for a discounted price of $169.99 until January 25th 2015. The Thunderbolt Station 2 is the follow up to the original Thunderbolt Station from CalDigit that allowed users to connect multiple devices through a single Thunderbolt cable. The new Thunderbolt Station 2 now features dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, dual eSATA 6G ports, HDMI, three USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and Audio in/out.
Thunderbolt Station 2 - One Cable Does it All
The Thunderbolt Station 2 allows users to connect all their devices through a single Thunderbolt cable. Featuring dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for integrating a 4K workflow, the Thunderbolt Station 2 allows users to connect a high-resolution 4K monitor to the HDMI port. This is ideal for professional users who need to connect modern 4K displays to their computers.
"The power of Thunderbolt 2 allows the Thunderbolt Station 2 to be the central hub of modern 4K workflows. Not only can users connect a 4K monitor, they can also daisy-chain 4K capable devices such as Thunderbolt storage for the ultimate 4K workflows", said Kosta Panagos, Director of Marketing at CalDigit.
The Thunderbolt Station 2 features three SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports. The front facing USB 3.0 port features Stand-Alone Charging. This means that users can charge their devices without the Thunderbolt Station 2 being connected to a computer. This is incredibly convenient for charging iPhones or iPads if the computer is being used for something else.
The Thunderbolt Station 2 now features dual eSATA 6G interfaces for connecting eSATA devices, such as RAID storage. Having eSATA along with USB 3.0, and Thunderbolt 2 is incredibly useful for professional users who need to have the convenience of multiple interfaces.
Something that sets the Thunderbolt Station 2 apart from other Thunderbolt docks is the ability to be used in either a horizontal or vertical position. This means that if desk space is at a minimum, the Thunderbolt Station 2 can be used in a vertical position in order to free up space.
Wi-Fi is incredibly convenient, but for the most stable internet connection Gigabit Ethernet cannot be beaten. The Thunderbolt Station 2's Gigabit Ethernet port allows users to connect to a more stable internet connection. A lot of modern computers are missing Ethernet ports in order to become more portable. The Thunderbolt Station 2 brings back the Ethernet port for uninterrupted downloads.
Connecting headphones and microphones to a computer can be a tedious task. However, the Thunderbolt Station 2's Audio In and Out ports make it incredibly convenient to disconnect these devices with just a single Thunderbolt cable. This is especially useful for people recording podcasts, or listening to music.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit