Toshiba Corporation's Semiconductor & Storage Products Company today announced the addition of 6TB SATA and SAS models to its MG04 series of 3.5-inch form factor enterprise capacity class of hard disk drives (HDD). New SAS interface models provide the benefits of 12Gbit/s transfer rate for 6TB, 5TB, 4TB and 2TB HDDs. Sample shipment will begin in CQ1 of 2015.
The new MG04 series 6TB models offer a 50 percent increase in max capacity from prior MG03 generation 4TB models and approximately 30 percent increase in sustained data rate (MG03xxx400x:165MiB/s, MG04xxx60Ex:205MiB/s). These new HDDs support both industry-standard 4K native and 512e Advanced Format sector technologies for optimum performance in the latest generation servers and storage systems as well as being suitable in legacy applications requiring 512 sector lengths using aligned-write environments.
Both the 6TB MG04ACA and MG04SCA 12Gbit/s models offer Toshiba persistent write cache technologies (PWC), designed to help protect against data loss in the event of sudden power loss. Model options supporting SAS and SATA commands to enable sanitize "instant" cryptographic erase (SIE) are also available.
Latest News Posts
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- Halo 6 won't have battle royale, 343i reiterates
- Genesis Mini's classic games library is shaping up nicely
- Leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots show Middle Eastern theme
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Massage salon
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!