Toshiba Corporation's Semiconductor & Storage Products Company today announced the addition of 6TB SATA and SAS models to its MG04 series of 3.5-inch form factor enterprise capacity class of hard disk drives (HDD). New SAS interface models provide the benefits of 12Gbit/s transfer rate for 6TB, 5TB, 4TB and 2TB HDDs. Sample shipment will begin in CQ1 of 2015.
The new MG04 series 6TB models offer a 50 percent increase in max capacity from prior MG03 generation 4TB models and approximately 30 percent increase in sustained data rate (MG03xxx400x:165MiB/s, MG04xxx60Ex:205MiB/s). These new HDDs support both industry-standard 4K native and 512e Advanced Format sector technologies for optimum performance in the latest generation servers and storage systems as well as being suitable in legacy applications requiring 512 sector lengths using aligned-write environments.
Both the 6TB MG04ACA and MG04SCA 12Gbit/s models offer Toshiba persistent write cache technologies (PWC), designed to help protect against data loss in the event of sudden power loss. Model options supporting SAS and SATA commands to enable sanitize "instant" cryptographic erase (SIE) are also available.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Radeon Vega Instinct: refreshed 7nm Vega 20 hits AMD labs
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.36 after code
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit