LG Electronics (LG) today globally announced a new 4K ULTRA HD TV with quantum dot technology as a new component of its expanded TV lineup at the 2015 International CES®, Jan. 6-9 in Las Vegas. LG's 4K ULTRA HD TVs with quantum dot technology will offer a wider colour palette and improved colour saturation compared to conventional LED LCD TVs. LG Electronics has confirmed this new line-up will be launched in 2015 to complement LG's 4K ULTRA HD TV and OLED TV offerings.
LG's quantum dot technology displays an impressively wide colour gamut, making it ideal for high quality content. The technology works by harnessing nano crystals that range in size from 2 to 10 nanometres. Each dot emits a different colour depending on its size. By adding a film of quantum dots in front of the LED backlight, picture colour reproduction rate and overall brightness are enhanced.
Since the nano-sized dots emit extraordinarily vivid colours, quantum dot technology is able to enhance the already stunning colour expression of LG's 4K ULTRA HD In-Plane Switching (IPS) displays. The colour reproduction rate in LG's IPS panels, which offers high colour accuracy and wide viewing angles, is increased with the addition of the quantum dot film.
"Quantum dot's vibrant and vivid colour reproduction capabilities bring LG's LED/LCD TVs to the next level when it comes to picture quality," said In-kyu Lee, senior vice president and head of the TV and monitor division at the LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. "The addition of 4K ULTRA HD TV with quantum dot technology to our TV lineup positioned under our award-winning OLED TVs further establishes LG as a leading provider of the most diverse and innovative TV display technologies in the industry."
Visitors to LG's booth at CES 2015 (Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall #8204) from Jan. 6-9 will have the opportunity to see LG's stunning 4K ULTRA HD TVs with their own eyes.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Far Cry 5 official PC system requirements revealed
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series