Avago Technologies today announced it is expanding its industry-leading family of 12Gb/s SAS Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) by shipping new 16-port solutions. The new 9300-16i HBA will join the Avago family of high port count SAS HBAs. With the versatility of 16 ports using internal or external storage connectivity, 12Gb/s SAS bandwidth, and nearly 2 million IOPS of performance, the Avago SAS 9300 HBA family, which offers 4-, 8- and 16-port options, enables OEMs and system builders to deliver maximum connectivity for high-end servers and storage systems that exceed the most demanding requirements for data centers, web, and cloud.
As part of the industry's broadest portfolio of 12Gb/s SAS storage solutions, the Avago SAS 9300 16-port HBA family is an ideal solution for large scale-out storage requirements. With the Avago SAS 9300 16-port HBA, IT departments can now deploy fewer servers with more available storage ports, which translates into measurable cost savings, reduced data center footprint, and lower power consumption.
"Enterprise-class web and cloud applications in software defined data center environments require levels of scale and performance that the Avago SAS 9300 family of 16-port HBA solutions now provide," said Tom Swinford, senior vice president and general manager, Data Center Solutions Group, Avago. "As the industry-leader in 12Gb/s SAS technology, this latest addition to the Avago SAS 9300 family enables the required performance for high-bandwidth server and storage applications."
"Supermicro extends our industry lead with the widest range of enterprise-class SAS3 server and storage platforms featuring Avago's latest 16-port 12Gb/s SAS HBAs," said Don Clegg, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Supermicro. "This latest evolution across our 1U to 4U SuperServers, SuperStorage and 7U SuperBlades delivers 2x bandwidth with cache offload and 12Gb/s expander technology, offering our customers greater performance and higher efficiency with best cost advantages."
"Seagate SSD and HDD solutions that use 12Gb/s SAS deliver increased transactional performance for servers designed to meet growing data storage demands and consumption," said Joel Hagberg, Seagate's vice president of product management. "Combining our SSD and HDD solutions with Avago's latest 9300 series HBA with 16-ports will provide the connectivity and scale required by many of these next-generation data center deployments."
The new Avago SAS 9300 family of 16-port 12Gb/s SAS HBAs address storage connectivity requirements and deliver proven performance with:
- 6 external or internal 12Gb/s SAS + SATA ports
- 8 lanes, PCI Express 3.0
- 12Gb/s data transfer rates
- 2 x LSI SAS 3008 12Gb/s SAS + SATA controllers
- Certified by Avago to support up to 1024 SSDs, HDDs, and tape drives
- Certified by Avago OS Support for Microsoft Windows, Linux (SuSE, Red Hat), Solaris, VMware, FreeBSD
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sources: Nintendo restricts review copies to curb leaks
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz