WD, a Western Digital company and world leader in digital storage solutions, and Baidu, China's largest search engine, have agreed to integrate Baidu Yun public cloud storage services with WD's personal cloud and external storage platforms to provide Chinese consumers a compelling, hybrid digital storage solution.
WD's My Cloud personal cloud drives, available now in China in capacities of 2 TB, 3 TB and 4 TB, enable consumers to organize, centralize and secure the digital content from all of their computers and mobile devices and access those files from any device and from anywhere in the world. WD's My Cloud EX4 high-performance four-bay network attached storage (NAS) solution, available now in China in 0 TB, 8 TB, 12 TB or 16 TB capacities, provides creative professionals, prosumers and workgroups a reliable way to save, share, back up, stream and manage massive amounts of digital data. The Baidu Yun service is a leading public cloud storage service provider with more than 100 million users. Consumers and businesses store content on Baidu Yun for easy access and sharing from any computer or mobile device.
The collaboration between WD and Baidu will enable Chinese customers to manage their Baidu Yun account and easily transfer files between their My Cloud or My Cloud EX4 device and Baidu Yun using WD's My Cloud mobile apps for iOS and Android operating systems. Baidu and WD customers will also be able to back up their local content to Baidu Yun, as well as backup their Baidu Yun account to their local storage using WD SmartWare Pro software.
"The growth of Baidu and its public cloud storage and services in China has been spectacular; it's a pleasure to collaborate with them," said Jim Welsh, executive vice president, Branded Products and worldwide sales. "The integration of Baidu Yun with our personal cloud and external storage platforms gives our mutual customers the best of all worlds - the ability to keep content safe at home, while backing up and sharing with friends on Baidu Yun."
"Baidu aims to provide the best way for people to access their valuable content, regardless of their location," said Hou Zhenyu, chief architect of Baidu Yun. "WD is a leader in high-capacity local storage, and integrating our public cloud storage service with WD's platform gives our customers a compelling hybrid cloud storage solution - the best of both public cloud storage and personal cloud storage."
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions