WD, a Western Digital company and world leader in digital storage solutions, and Baidu, China's largest search engine, have agreed to integrate Baidu Yun public cloud storage services with WD's personal cloud and external storage platforms to provide Chinese consumers a compelling, hybrid digital storage solution.
WD's My Cloud personal cloud drives, available now in China in capacities of 2 TB, 3 TB and 4 TB, enable consumers to organize, centralize and secure the digital content from all of their computers and mobile devices and access those files from any device and from anywhere in the world. WD's My Cloud EX4 high-performance four-bay network attached storage (NAS) solution, available now in China in 0 TB, 8 TB, 12 TB or 16 TB capacities, provides creative professionals, prosumers and workgroups a reliable way to save, share, back up, stream and manage massive amounts of digital data. The Baidu Yun service is a leading public cloud storage service provider with more than 100 million users. Consumers and businesses store content on Baidu Yun for easy access and sharing from any computer or mobile device.
The collaboration between WD and Baidu will enable Chinese customers to manage their Baidu Yun account and easily transfer files between their My Cloud or My Cloud EX4 device and Baidu Yun using WD's My Cloud mobile apps for iOS and Android operating systems. Baidu and WD customers will also be able to back up their local content to Baidu Yun, as well as backup their Baidu Yun account to their local storage using WD SmartWare Pro software.
"The growth of Baidu and its public cloud storage and services in China has been spectacular; it's a pleasure to collaborate with them," said Jim Welsh, executive vice president, Branded Products and worldwide sales. "The integration of Baidu Yun with our personal cloud and external storage platforms gives our mutual customers the best of all worlds - the ability to keep content safe at home, while backing up and sharing with friends on Baidu Yun."
"Baidu aims to provide the best way for people to access their valuable content, regardless of their location," said Hou Zhenyu, chief architect of Baidu Yun. "WD is a leader in high-capacity local storage, and integrating our public cloud storage service with WD's platform gives our customers a compelling hybrid cloud storage solution - the best of both public cloud storage and personal cloud storage."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM