WD, a Western Digital company and world leader in digital storage solutions, and Baidu, China's largest search engine, have agreed to integrate Baidu Yun public cloud storage services with WD's personal cloud and external storage platforms to provide Chinese consumers a compelling, hybrid digital storage solution.
WD's My Cloud personal cloud drives, available now in China in capacities of 2 TB, 3 TB and 4 TB, enable consumers to organize, centralize and secure the digital content from all of their computers and mobile devices and access those files from any device and from anywhere in the world. WD's My Cloud EX4 high-performance four-bay network attached storage (NAS) solution, available now in China in 0 TB, 8 TB, 12 TB or 16 TB capacities, provides creative professionals, prosumers and workgroups a reliable way to save, share, back up, stream and manage massive amounts of digital data. The Baidu Yun service is a leading public cloud storage service provider with more than 100 million users. Consumers and businesses store content on Baidu Yun for easy access and sharing from any computer or mobile device.
The collaboration between WD and Baidu will enable Chinese customers to manage their Baidu Yun account and easily transfer files between their My Cloud or My Cloud EX4 device and Baidu Yun using WD's My Cloud mobile apps for iOS and Android operating systems. Baidu and WD customers will also be able to back up their local content to Baidu Yun, as well as backup their Baidu Yun account to their local storage using WD SmartWare Pro software.
"The growth of Baidu and its public cloud storage and services in China has been spectacular; it's a pleasure to collaborate with them," said Jim Welsh, executive vice president, Branded Products and worldwide sales. "The integration of Baidu Yun with our personal cloud and external storage platforms gives our mutual customers the best of all worlds - the ability to keep content safe at home, while backing up and sharing with friends on Baidu Yun."
"Baidu aims to provide the best way for people to access their valuable content, regardless of their location," said Hou Zhenyu, chief architect of Baidu Yun. "WD is a leader in high-capacity local storage, and integrating our public cloud storage service with WD's platform gives our customers a compelling hybrid cloud storage solution - the best of both public cloud storage and personal cloud storage."
Latest News Posts
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider FINALLY receives RTX/DLSS patch
- Halo: Master Chief Collection has UNCAPPED frame rate on PC
- Remedy teases new RTX filled trailer of Control at GDC 2019
- Nightdive teases 20-minute video of System Shock remake
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today