According to IDC, the CAGR of the storage market for enterprises will continue to grow by 3.9% in the future. By 2020, the global data volume will increase by 50 folds than that of today. Thus, how to manage such large volume of data is bound to be the significant task for IT managers, which includes a vital issue of hard disk real-time monitoring and diagnosis.
Currently, most traditional hard drives and Solid State Drives (SSDs) adopt S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology), which is the optimal early warning tool for single PC, to check the drive's status at any time, such as temperature, usage time, erase times, charging times, for analyzing and predicting the timing to replace the drive. However, with the coming of cloud computing era, 3A management (Any time, Any where, Any device) are required for managers to monitor cloud storage device, while S.M.A.R.T. still functions for monitoring single PC only. Once the user is not at the scene, the "golden hour" for data rescue would slip away especially in situations such as unexpected tampering, power supply abnormality, interface destruction.
Apacer SSDWidget, a real-time monitoring and diagnosis software tool, addresses the shortcomings of S.M.A.R.T. and satisfies the mobile needs in the cloud computing era. Robert Lee, Director of the Product Development Division indicated that, "SSDWidget is designed for SSD current mainstream SATA 6.0 Gbps interfaces. Manager may connect several SSDs within the enterprise together, conduct instant monitoring via web browser or mobile App, and integrate attributes like erase times, unpredicted power failure times, SATA signal failure times, ECC failure times and data written in the system into cloud monitoring content. Meanwhile, users can customize the update cycle of report data themselves to ensure real-time understanding of the status of all SSDs."
Apacer SSDWidget may connect all SSDs within the enterprise through cloud technology, upgraded from single PC monitoring. Provided that the device has access to the Internet, through web browsers, Client Version of PC, and APP (Mobile Version) of Smart Mobile Devices (Phone/Pad), the manager may link with SSDs in all places to check the status, service life, etc. under the most strict security management without any restriction of time and place. By this means, it achieves 3A (Any time, Any where, Any device) management state with fast repair and maintenance, effective risk avoidance from unexpected damage, significant enterprise data lost prevention, enhanced data security of SSD, and also administrative cost reduction.
Besides, Apacer SSDWidget is not merely real-time monitoring software but also a breakthrough in comprehensive SSD management. SSDWidget client version possesses disk blocks scan, including random blocks scan and full scan for hard drive's status checking. Data matching scan ensures the correctness of data. During the matching process, it generates virtual file in the target storage path. When the matching finishes, the virtual file disappears automatically without showing in the disk. Regular scans may ensure whether there is any data damage.
From past PC dominance led by Windows and Intel, till current post-PC era dominated by smart devices, Apacer has enriched its knowledge of user experience revolution promoted by innovation. Thus, besides continual launches of various storage devices, we introduce the versatile Apacer SSDWidget real-time monitoring and diagnosis software tool designed for management. From single PC/SSD control to multi-mainframe/numerous SSDs remote management; from iPad/iPhone monitoring to web browser and App checking at all times and places; from pure S.M.A.R.T. software to comprehensive SSD management, Apacer has witnessed user's changing habits driven by trends, and will further lead disk management to a new cloud computing experience.
Latest News Posts
- Everything you need to know about Razer's new Blade laptops
- Huawei forges forward with Mate X foldable phone launch
- GoodOffer24 HOT SUMMER SALE: Windows 10 Pro for $12.14
- Apex Legends popularity dives, Twitch views drop 75%
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)