ASUS today announced the MB168 Series Portable USB-powered Monitor, a 15.6-inch companion display designed for laptop and desktop PCs. Both power and video signal are supplied over a single USB 3.0 cable, removing the need to carry a bulky power adapter and video cable. With a slim 8 mm profile and tipping the scales at just 800g, the MB168 Series is the world's slimmest and lightest companion display and is ideal for simple dual-monitor set-ups and presentations. With a mercury-free LED-backlit display that consumes just 5W in active use and 0W in standby mode, the ASUS MB168 Series delivers excellent performance with minimal impact on laptop battery life.
The MB168 Series is available with 1920 x 1080 Full HD and 1366 x 768 resolutions. Both models require just a single USB 3.0 connection for the video signal and power. The high bandwidth USB 3.0 delivers faster signal transmissions to ensure a lag-free viewing experience. The MB168 Series is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports, with only a slight difference in display brightness.
A durable metallic finish with a fine pattern of concentric circles makes the MB168 Series the perfect complement to the ASUS Zenbook Ultrabook and it ships with a protective carry case that doubles as an adjustable stand for tabletop use.
Exclusive ASUS EzLink Technology
The MB168 Series features ASUS EzLink technology that offloads graphics processing from the PC to dedicated hardware in the monitor. As a result, a PC or notebook can drive up to five MB168 Series monitors at the same time, regardless of its own graphics capability - it just needs sufficient USB ports. EzLink senses ambient light levels and adjusts monitor brightness accordingly, and automatically rotates the image between landscape and portrait modes, as required.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ