ASUS today announced the MB168 Series Portable USB-powered Monitor, a 15.6-inch companion display designed for laptop and desktop PCs. Both power and video signal are supplied over a single USB 3.0 cable, removing the need to carry a bulky power adapter and video cable. With a slim 8 mm profile and tipping the scales at just 800g, the MB168 Series is the world's slimmest and lightest companion display and is ideal for simple dual-monitor set-ups and presentations. With a mercury-free LED-backlit display that consumes just 5W in active use and 0W in standby mode, the ASUS MB168 Series delivers excellent performance with minimal impact on laptop battery life.
The MB168 Series is available with 1920 x 1080 Full HD and 1366 x 768 resolutions. Both models require just a single USB 3.0 connection for the video signal and power. The high bandwidth USB 3.0 delivers faster signal transmissions to ensure a lag-free viewing experience. The MB168 Series is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports, with only a slight difference in display brightness.
A durable metallic finish with a fine pattern of concentric circles makes the MB168 Series the perfect complement to the ASUS Zenbook Ultrabook and it ships with a protective carry case that doubles as an adjustable stand for tabletop use.
Exclusive ASUS EzLink Technology
The MB168 Series features ASUS EzLink technology that offloads graphics processing from the PC to dedicated hardware in the monitor. As a result, a PC or notebook can drive up to five MB168 Series monitors at the same time, regardless of its own graphics capability - it just needs sufficient USB ports. EzLink senses ambient light levels and adjusts monitor brightness accordingly, and automatically rotates the image between landscape and portrait modes, as required.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit