(BitFenix Design Lab, August 14, 2013) - Known for its clean yet modern designs, premier PC hardware designer BitFenix unleashes the all-new version of its critically and commercially acclaimed Prodigy chassis - the Prodigy M. As newest member of the Prodigy family, Prodigy M represents the most compact and highly compatible case in the micro-ATX segment, setting new standards in terms of mobility, compatibility, and design.
Featuring never-before-seen flexibility and styling in the mini-ITX segment, the original Prodigy has garnered over 100 media awards and accolades. Since then, the BitFenix Labs have been inundated with emails requesting a retooled version that accepts micro-ATX motherboards. Today, BitFenix is proud to officially release the Prodigy M - a case inspired by BitFenix fans around the world.
Headlining the Prodigy M is full compatibility with micro-ATX motherboards. For the first time, users will be able to build micro-ATX systems inside the same svelte dimensions of the original Prodigy, and enjoy all of the added expandability of the micro-ATX form factor.
With two variations of Prodigy now available, users can now choose the one that's right for their own builds. For storage mavens and water cooling enthusiasts, the original Prodigy is ideal for those types of users. For gamers looking for dual graphics systems with SLI or Crossfire, or for those users that need more than one expansion slot, the new Prodigy M is perfect fit for them. Either way, BitFenix fans can enjoy the signature styling and tremendous flexibility of the Prodigy.
The sophisticated design of the Prodigy line has always been an expression of modern elegance. Solid construction and flexibility are among the key strengths of this model.
The new Prodigy M not only offers plentiful expansion options, but also enables a new dimension of small form factor system builds. Its hallmark dual BitFenix FyberFlex™ Composite handles on the top and bottom subtly create a concave visual effect for an extremely modern yet powerful look. These handles are also strong yet incredibly flexible to absorb minor shocks during transport. The BitFenix SofTouch™ Surface Treatment adds further emphasis to the Prodigy M's luxurious character. Integrated I/O positioned on the side panel come with dual USB 3.0 ports for easy access, and front and top removable mesh dust filters can be quickly removed for easy maintenance.
Moving to the interior of the Proidgy M is where the true innovation begins. Completely retooled to accommodate both Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards, Prodigy M can handle some serious hardware including dual long graphics cards (SLI or CrossFire) with its five PCI slots. Tower CPU coolers up to 160mm in height can be installed, as can slim water cooling radiators up to 240mm in length. And to keep things cool on the inside, up to five 120mm fans can be installed in the case for superb thermal performance.
Prodigy M offers an extremely flexible storage system. The removable storage rack can be outfitted with up to two 3.5" HDDs or three 2.5" SSDs. Add to that space on the bottom of the case for an additional two 3.5" drives, and the included SSD rack on the side panel for two 2.5" SSD, and you have a case with a ton of storage options. When using the bottom of the case for HDDs, Prodigy M even comes with a magnetic heat shield with a fine micro-textured surface that prevents warm air from the PSU from re-entering the case.
With the rising demands of compact PCs nowadays for flexibility, compatibility, and style, Prodigy M is the perfect case for this category. Offering an astonishing amount of capacity to fit the latest hardware, the new Prodigy M is a legend reborn.
BitFenix Prodigy M will be available on store shelves in October.
For more information on Prodigy M, please visit http://www.bitfenix.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit