ASUS today announced the SDRW-08U5S-U external DVD writer, a highly portable optical drive with the thinnest form factor in its class at just 13mm. Its design includes a built-in hidden stand that saves space and reduces clutter while enabling dual-stance horizontal and vertical placement. For data protection, ASUS integrates multiple security measures, with password controls and encryption alongside encoded file name functionality. The SDRW-08U5S-U ships in Mellow Metallic, Dusty Rose, and Bright Berry color options.
The SDRW-08U5S-U employs intricate engineering to achieve a very slender 13mm side profile. In addition to making it highly attractive, the form factor contributes to easy mobility and greater usability as the SDRW-08U5S-U can be effortlessly transported and placed, making it a perfect companion for Ultrabooks and other mobile devices.
Sophisticated Zen design
Maintaining the award-winning tradition of ASUS external optical drives, the SDRW-08U5S-U incorporates design elements from products such as ASUS ZENBOOK. Meticulously-treated metallic surfaces carry a concentric-circle hairline texture, and together with the sliver-thin form factor, these Zen design concepts make the SDRW-08U5S-U a highly unique product that stands out among generic optical drives. Lively Mellow Metallic, Dusty Rose, and Bright Berry color schemes provide three stylish options.
Flexible dual-stance positioning
A built-in stand extends and tucks away neatly into the SDRW-08U5S-U in what ASUS designers refer to as a hidden stand. Customers can quickly switch between horizontal and vertical placement as desired. The integrated stand saves space and the need to carry extra accessories, further adding to convenience.
Strong data security
ASUS includes tough Disc Encryption II security on the SDRW-08U5S-U. Extensive and highly customizable password controls utilize robust encryption to keep intruders away from valuable stored data, joined by encoded file names.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower