ASUS today announced the SDRW-08U5S-U external DVD writer, a highly portable optical drive with the thinnest form factor in its class at just 13mm. Its design includes a built-in hidden stand that saves space and reduces clutter while enabling dual-stance horizontal and vertical placement. For data protection, ASUS integrates multiple security measures, with password controls and encryption alongside encoded file name functionality. The SDRW-08U5S-U ships in Mellow Metallic, Dusty Rose, and Bright Berry color options.
The SDRW-08U5S-U employs intricate engineering to achieve a very slender 13mm side profile. In addition to making it highly attractive, the form factor contributes to easy mobility and greater usability as the SDRW-08U5S-U can be effortlessly transported and placed, making it a perfect companion for Ultrabooks and other mobile devices.
Sophisticated Zen design
Maintaining the award-winning tradition of ASUS external optical drives, the SDRW-08U5S-U incorporates design elements from products such as ASUS ZENBOOK. Meticulously-treated metallic surfaces carry a concentric-circle hairline texture, and together with the sliver-thin form factor, these Zen design concepts make the SDRW-08U5S-U a highly unique product that stands out among generic optical drives. Lively Mellow Metallic, Dusty Rose, and Bright Berry color schemes provide three stylish options.
Flexible dual-stance positioning
A built-in stand extends and tucks away neatly into the SDRW-08U5S-U in what ASUS designers refer to as a hidden stand. Customers can quickly switch between horizontal and vertical placement as desired. The integrated stand saves space and the need to carry extra accessories, further adding to convenience.
Strong data security
ASUS includes tough Disc Encryption II security on the SDRW-08U5S-U. Extensive and highly customizable password controls utilize robust encryption to keep intruders away from valuable stored data, joined by encoded file names.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite and Diablo 3 rumored for the Nintendo Switch
- Samsung unveils massive 30TB SSD, largest capacity SSD ever
- Intel intends to 'compete in graphics products' in future
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes rakes in $295m in first year
- Sniper Ghost Warrior dev hit with huge layoffs
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit