New York, New York - February 26, 2013 - NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced a special limited time savings offer on the critically acclaimed NOOK HD+, the lowest-priced and lightest 9-inch full HD tablet. Starting Tuesday, February 26, through Monday, March 11, customers who purchase NOOK HD+ online at https://www.nook.com or at any of the nearly 700 Barnes & Noble stores nationwide will receive $50 in their NOOK account to purchase digital content from the expansive NOOK Store, including apps, magazines, newspapers, books, movies, TV shows and more. It's the perfect way for customers to start their NOOK library with the best in reading and entertainment.
The $50 credit will load to a customer's NOOK account within 3-10 days of registering that account to the new NOOK HD+. The free $50 credit must be used within 30 days of posting to a customer's NOOK account. See NOOK.com/50free for more details and Terms and Conditions.
NOOK HD+ offers everything that customers want in a tablet, with millions of books, apps, movies, TV shows, magazines and more on its must-see full HD 9-inch screen. At only 18.2 ounces (515 grams), NOOK HD+ is the lightest full HD tablet ever invented. Offered in the color "Slate," and featuring great battery life and expandable memory for even more storage, NOOK HD+ is available for $269 (16GB) and $299 (32GB), and is now an even greater value with a free $50 promotional credit when purchased at https://www.nook.com, or in-store at Barnes & Noble, between February 26 and March 11.
Both NOOK HD+ and the 7-inch NOOK HD deliver extraordinary experiences in the areas that tablet owners use most. The reading experience is unmatched, offering beautifully rendered text, magazines in spectacular HD and lightning fast page turns. NOOK Video delivers a growing and diverse catalog of favorite standard and HD movies and TV shows rendered in spectacular color and stunning definition from major studios and content providers including NBCUniversal and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. The Web browser in NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ is super-fast, making it simple and smooth to surf favorite sites. The built-in email app offers an easy-to-use, clean format that supports a host of popular personal and work-related email services including Gmail and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. NOOK Apps includes many of the most popular and bestselling top 100 app titles for tablets, including Angry Birds, Temple Run: Brave and Words with Friends, along with thousands of other popular apps and games.
NOOK HD+ is packed full with even more great tablet features, including:
- NOOK Profiles: A personalized experience that instantly transforms the device in hand to any family member's very own tablet so only they can see their own content.
- NOOK Channels: A pioneering recommendation system that provides an easy way to discover new titles by theme.
- The ability to sync the last page read across NOOK devices and apps so customers don't lose their place.
- A stunning Full HD 1920x1280 display for rich color and deep contrast.
- Expandable memory and free unlimited NOOK Cloud storage for all NOOK content.
- Adjustable fonts, spacing and themes for a customized reading experience.
- A powerful 1.5Ghz dual-core processor and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Customers can visit https://www.nook.com or visit the NOOK Digital Shops and displays in any of Barnes & Noble's nearly 700 bookstores for more information. Barnes & Noble offers Always Free NOOK Support in all of its neighborhood bookstores, with more than 35,000 NOOKsellers across the country ready to assist customers with setting up their NOOK devices or choosing their next great read.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure