Transcend Information, Inc., a worldwide leader in storage and multimedia products, today announced the launch of its SD/microSD memory card copy protection solutions. Partially-protected and partially-free areas, read-only CD emulation, customized device security, excellent compatibility and high capacity are some of the features that make Transcend's Copy Protection SD/microSD cards ideal for use in OEM applications and distributing multimedia files.
For publishers of audio or video files, or educational institutions looking to distribute course material to students, SD and microSD memory cards present a portable and cost effective way to deliver digital content. Transcend's Copy Protection SD/microSD cards ensure the safety of valuable intellectual property by allowing access to media while preventing end users from making unauthorized copies. For added value, any space not utilized by pre-loaded data can be freely used as a normal SD card. When the protected data is deleted, the previously occupied capacity will be released as free space. Another available option is to make the entire SD/microSD card read-only so that end users cannot write to, modify or delete any part of the card capacity; only executing pre-loaded content is allowed in this optional configuration.
Custom Card Reader to Control Access
In view of data protection, Transcend's SD/microSD cards are available in a bundle pack with Transcend's USB 3.0 RDF5 card reader that acts as the only key able to unlock the card, and therefore eliminate any potential threat should the data fall into the wrong hands. Data can only be accessed when the SD/microSD card is inserted into the customized RDF5 card reader and connected to a computer. For an extra layer of security, SD/microSD cards can be pre-loaded with copy protected media and combined with the custom RDF5 card reader. As a result, individuals, schools, banks, the government, military and police personnel, software developers, etc. can rest assured that their sensitive data is fully protected against illegal duplication.
Host Device Authentication
The compact dimensions and multi-platform compatibility of SD and microSD memory cards provide manufacturers of small form-factor devices with greater design flexibility and cost savings. Perfect for use in OEM applications such as portable multimedia devices and GPS navigation systems, Transcend's Copy Protection SD/microSD cards can be customized with a card ID that is locked to a vendor's specific host device. This will restrict use of the card to only the device to which the card is locked.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit