MultiTouch Ltd has announced the launch of 42" and 55" MultiTaction Cell multitouch displays, fully integrated with Windows 8. The new MultiTaction Cell 42" (MT420W8) and 55" (MT550W8) with Embedded Windows 8 on Intel Core i7 are the first large-format displays available with a built-in touch user interface -and the first to support simultaneous use of unlimited touch with hands, the new Windows 8 native pen tracking and real life object interaction.
The addition of Windows 8 makes MultiTaction an even better proposition for clients seeking large integrated Windows 8 devices particularly suitable for use in public spaces. The new MultiTaction Cell displays allow clients to use applications from the Windows 8 store, with both 42" and 55" models running applications compatible across smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop PCs.
In addition, developers can use their preferred development platforms using industry standard interfaces such as TUIO and XML stream. MultiTouch's own Cornerstone SDK is also fully supported.
"We have long said that touch technology is the way of the future for consumers and businesses," explains Petri Martikainen, CEO of MultiTouch. "With Windows 8 operating across multiple devices we will see the number of interactive applications grow exponentially. Our products provide the most advanced set of touch, gesture and object recognition capabilities and our goal is to continue to be the leader in the touch display market by supporting the most cutting edge technology such as the Windows 8 platform."
With support for multiple simultaneous input methods and robustness in bright external lighting conditions, MT550W8 and MT420W8 are ideal for education, retail and corporate use.
Unique features for Windows 8 offered by MT550W8 and MT420W8:
- Unlimited number of concurrent users and touches
- Ultra fast 200+ fps Computer Vision Through Screen tracking
- Windows 8 native infrared pen support for simultaneous pen and touch interaction
- Windows 8 native finger-orientation information available to applications
- Enriched RealityTM: Using optical markers (tags) for interaction with physical objects - available using TUIO or XML interface or Cornerstone SDK
The MT550W8 and the MT420W8 are available for orders now from MultiTouch Ltd and all MultiTouch resellers. MultiTouch's MultiTaction series of interactive displays running Windows 8 will be on display and available for demonstration at the upcoming 2013 International CES event in Las Vegas, NV January 8-11, at MultiTouch booth number 14256.
Latest News Posts
- Control's PC requirements: GTX 1060, Intel i5-7500, 8GB RAM
- New Halo: Reach PC flight tests Firefight, the best mode
- Full Xbox One backward compatibility list of games
- Mortal Kombat Movie is R-rated, will have BRUTAL fatalities
- Netflix slices out brutal suicide scene from 13 Reasons Why
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts