OCZ Technology Introduces New Apex Series Solid State Drives, Offering the Ultimate in Extremely Affordable Mainstream Mass Storage Solution
Sunnyvale, CA-January 13, 2008-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and computer components, today unveiled the OCZ Apex SATA II 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD) Series, the affordable midrange offering for enthusiasts, system builders, and mainstream computer users demanding the latest technology in this fast-developing sector of the storage market. This cost-efficient SSD offers a reliable upgrade from traditional hard disc storage while maintaining a price point that is truly within the reach of a wide range of consumers.
"As the adoption of SSD drives continues to ramp, it is our goal to enable everyday consumers to take advantage of the benefits of solid state drives," said Eugene Chang, Director of Product Management at OCZ Technology Group. "The new Apex Series is positioned at the center of our lineup and features an updated controller and internal RAID design to deliver superior performance to mainstream consumers at a very aggressive price."
Offering your notebook or desktop system the incredible benefits of flash-based technology, The OCZ Apex Series delivers the performance and reliability of SSDs at less price per gigabyte than other high speed offerings currently on the market. The OCZ Apex Series is the result of all the latest breakthroughs in SSD technology, including new internal RAID 0 architecture, updated controller design, and speedy 230MB/sec read and 160MB/sec write speeds. With its three levels of solid state offerings, the Apex will be positioned between the premium Vertex Series and the value oriented Solid Series. OCZ continues to place flash mass storage technology within reach of the average consumer with the Apex Series and delivers on the promise of SSDs as an alternative to traditional hard drives in consumer targeted mobile applications.
The Apex Series is ideal for energy-efficient mobile computing to extend battery life for notebooks with low power consumption, increase access time, and provide a durable alternative to conventional hard disc drives with superior shock resistance. With fast access and seek times combined with excellent reliability, the OCZ Apex Series SSDs are the answer for consumers demanding this latest storage technology.
The OCZ Apex Series drives feature a durable yet lightweight alloy housing, and because OCZ SSDs have no moving parts, the drives are more rugged than traditional hard drives. Designed for ultimate reliability, Apex Series SSDs have an excellent 1.5 million hour mean time before failure (MTBF) ensuring peace of mind over the long term. All Apex Series drives come backed a two year warranty and OCZ's legendary service and support. Apex series SSD drives are available in ample storage capacities of 60GB, 120GB, and 250GB.
For more information regarding the OCZ Apex Series 2.5" SSDs, please visit our product page here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at https://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit