LSI Corporation today announced worldwide channel availability of the PCIe flash LSI Nytro MegaRAID cards, providing simple, transparent and cost-effective application acceleration for direct-attached storage (DAS). Nytro MegaRAID cards uniquely integrate PCIe flash technology and intelligent caching software with enterprise RAID data protection using leading LSI dual-core RAID-on-Chip (ROC) technology.
The increased availability of the LSI Nytro MegaRAID product family coincides with a growing data deluge that is challenging data center managers to reassess ways to balance application performance, storage and data protection requirements in the most cost-effective way possible.
Nytro MegaRAID cards offer strong user benefits:
- Reduce latencies by up to 47x for faster application response time
- Enterprise-class flash performance and reliability from LSI SandForce flash storage processors with DuraClass technology
- Enterprise-class data protection from LSI dual-core ROC technology
- Lower administrative overhead and significant TCO savings
- Broad compatibility with existing infrastructure through use of LSI SAS and MegaRAID drivers featuring extensive operating system and management support
"Our worldwide Channel partners are seeing pent-up demand for affordable application acceleration solutions given the daunting amount of data stressing the capacity and data protection capabilities of storage infrastructures," said Brent Blanchard, director, worldwide channel sales and marketing, LSI. "With its unique integration of technology on a single card and sub-$2K price point, we believe the Nytro MegaRAID family is a game-changer that can make the dramatic application acceleration benefits of PCIe flash solutions accessible and economical for all types of datacenters."
Nytro MegaRAID cards use intelligent caching algorithms to identify application "hot spots" of frequently accessed data and automatically move the data between integrated flash storage and hard drives to blend high-performance and high-capacity storage, resulting in improved cost per gigabyte and cost per transaction.
Nytro MegaRAID cards are built upon the industry's de facto standard RAID controller technology drivers and management support, enabling broad compatibility with existing storage infrastructures and delivering simple transparent application acceleration.
"Nytro MegaRAID cards provide the performance of flash with proven RAID data protection and intelligent caching software," said Ken Hostetler, director of product management with Silicon Mechanics. "This is an ideal solution for customer applications that require performance, capacity and reduced operational costs. The extensive compatibility and driver support out-of-the-box make it a solution I can offer to all my customers."
Pricing and Availability:
- LSI Nytro MegaRAID NMR 8100-4i $1,795
- (4 internal ports; 100GB eMLC flash capacity)
- LSI Nytro MegaRAID NMR 8110-4i $2,795
- (4 internal ports; 200GB eMLC flash capacity)
- LSI Nytro MegaRAID NMR 8120-4i $6,995
- (4 internal ports; 800GB eMLC flash capacity)
Nytro MegaRAID cards feature a low-profile MD2 form factor, PCIe 3.0 compliance and support 6Gb/s SAS or SATA devices. The products are immediately available through the LSI worldwide network of distributors, integrators and VARs.
The Nytro MegaRAID product family extends the comprehensive LSI portfolio of enterprise RAID and application acceleration storage solutions available in the channel, including MegaRAID and 3ware RAID controllers, host bus adapters, the Nytro WarpDrive and Nytro XD product family, and advanced software and data protection options.
Latest News Posts
- New Master Chief Collection update lets you install segments
- Sony to continue strong first-party IP focus
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Overwatch splash art spotted in Paladins advertisement
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit