Today LaCie announced availability of the RuggedKey, the perfect solution to protect data from life's stumbles. The RuggedKey is the latest addition to LaCie's award-winning line of Rugged drives designed by Neil Poulton. From inclement weather to unauthorized access, the RuggedKey protects data from any threat.
Ready for Life's Adventures
The iconic orange bumper is back, this time to protect a USB key from heat, cold, and 100-meter drops. The RuggedKey is a great accessory for an adventure photographer who needs a way to keep his photos protected and accessible while on the road. If the key is dropped off of a cliff or stepped on during a hike - no problem! His files are still intact. Furthermore, it's IP-54 certified to resist damage from dust and water making it the best device for on-the-go data protection.
USB 3.0 Speeds
USB 3.0 continues to proliferate as the industry adopts the technology. The RuggedKey, with USB 3.0 speeds up to 100 MB/s, is excellent for transferring files. Users can transfer an HD movie, 3,000 photos or a 5 GB file in less than one minute. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, making the key a fast and convenient device.
Cloud Storage and Data Encryption
Wuala Secure Cloud Storage makes data on the RuggedKey easily accessible without compromising security. Wuala lets users keep one copy of data on the key and one in the cloud. That way, if a user forgets the key at the office, they can still access the files via the cloud. And for the ultimate in security, AES 256-bit encryption prevents unauthorized file access to the key with password protection.
The RuggedKey is available in 16 GB and 32 GB through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Storage Partners starting at the suggested retail price of $39.99.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit