Grants and computing gear awarded to fuel innovative spirit among entrepreneurs, foodies and photographers
BELLEVUE, Wash. (AFDS) -6/14/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the winners of the first-ever AMD VISIONary of the Year Awards during the AMD Fusion Developer Summit (AFDS) this week. The VISIONary Award winners, selected from a wide range of candidates in an online, public vote, demonstrate exemplary use of technology to innovate in three popular areas of human passion - entrepreneurship, food and photography.
The theme of the awards, "VISION Makes You More You," is focused on the idea that people become more of who they are through technology. AMD scoured the U.S. to find nine true "VISIONaries" based on their unique offerings and drive for innovation. In an online vote held from February 15 to April 30, the public voted for their favorite VISIONary.
2011 AMD VISIONary of the Year Award Winners and Finalists
Entrepreneur VISIONary Award winner: Father Greg Boyle
-Entrepreneur VISIONary finalists: Jennifer Howell and Phil Tepfer and Charles Bogoian
Foodie VISIONary Award winner: Corky Luster
-Foodie VISIONary Award finalists: Steve Frailey and Gail Ambrosius
Photographer VISIONary Award winner: Todd Baxter
-Photographer VISIONary finalists: Lee Cullivan and Burk Jackson
"The goal of the AMD VISIONary of the Year Awards is to help everyday people live out their passions and turn their vision into reality. By providing the right tools and technology to help them succeed, AMD hopes to continue to feed their innovative spirit," said Tony Fernandez-Stoll, vice president, Marketing, Americas Region, AMD. "We congratulate the winners and finalists, and look forward to uncovering more VISIONaries who are making a difference and inspiring us all."
The winning VISIONary (one from each category) receives a VISION grant of $20,000. All nine VISIONaries also receive $2,500 worth of AMD-based computer equipment and a trip to the AMD awards ceremony.
For details on the AMD Fusion Developer Summit, go to http://developer.amd.com/afds/
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit