Opera reaches (another) 100 million users
Oslo, Norway - April 7, 2011
Opera Software today tinkered in its giant statistics machine and found that Opera Mini reached 100 million monthly users in March and two billion daily page views - new peaks for the world's most used mobile browser.
"Sweeeet!" said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software.
Hold the phone: didn't Opera just announce 100 million mobile users two months ago? They sure did; though that number represented the combined total for both its mobile browsers, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile. Now, Opera Mini has rocketed ahead to 100 million users in its own right.
The number of monthly Opera Mini users across the globe has grown by 11 million since February 2011 and doubled from the 50 million mark celebrated in February 2010.
Opera Mini's twin March milestone, two billion daily page views, already doubles the one billion daily page views achieved in July 2010.
About Opera Mini
The Opera Mini mobile browser works on more than 3000 different mobile phone models, from basic feature phones to high-end smartphones. The unique Opera Mini technology compresses web content by up to 90 percent before sending it to the phone, resulting in faster page loading and lower browsing costs. It shares many features with Opera's browsers for computers, including tabbed browsing, password manager, bookmarks and Speed Dial. Opera Mini is the world's most popular browser and available as a free download from m.opera.com.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek's new Hunt: Showdown hits Steam Early Access
- Blu Vivo X smartphone rocks 4 cameras, costs just $249
- Final Fantasy XV require over 155GB HDD space for 4K on PC
- Intel: 5G mobile PCs will be here next year
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit