TYAN Announces New "Sandy Bridge" Server Platforms
Single-Socket S5510 and S5512 Motherboards Support Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 Series
Fremont, California - April 5, 2011- TYAN, an industry-leading server platform manufacturer, and a subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp., announces new single-socket servers that support the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 series (codename: Sandy Bridge). The S5510 and S5512 motherboards are ideal as entry-level servers for both small business and enterprise server customers. For high-density datacenter applications such as web hosting, TYAN has launched the industry-leading FM65-B5511 Micro Server.
The FM65-B5511 supports up to 18 Intel® Xeon® processors in a 4U enclosure. The FM65-B5511 is based on the Micro Module Server Specification, which addresses the emerging server segment that features scale-out, single-processor nodes with higher density and lower power consumption for web services applications.
"TYAN now provides a great selection of single-processor server solutions with outstanding price/performance," said TYAN Director of Product Marketing, Kevin Hart. "The TYAN S5510 and S5512 motherboards provide higher performance and lower power consumption, as compared to the previous generation, at about the same cost."
The S5510 series is based on the Micro ATX form factor, and is available in two versions. The S5510GM3NR is a full-featured server platform based on Intel C204 chipset and features four PCI-E 2.0 x8 slots, six SATA ports with two at 6 Gb/s, three 1 G-bit network ports, and IPMI 2.0 support for out-of-band and remote management. The cost-effective S5510G2NR-LE is based on the Intel C202 chipset and features three PCI-E 2.0 x8 slots, six SATA ports at 3 Gb/s, and two 1 G-bit network ports.
The S5512 series is based on the ATX form factor and is available in four versions for rack-optimized server and small business applications. The S5512GM2NR is based on Intel C204 chipset and features five PCI-E 2.0 slots, six SATA ports with two at 6 Gb/s, two Intel 82574L Ethernet controllers, and a dedicated management port with IPMI 2.0 support.
The S5512WGM2NR provides the same features, and supports up to eight SAS ports via an integrated LSI 2008 SAS controller. The S5512GM4NR features four 1 G-bit network ports, as well as a dedicated management port, for a total of five network ports. A lower cost version is available, the S5512G2NR-LE, which features the Intel C202 chipset, four PCI-E 2.0 slots, six SATA ports at 3 Gb/s, and two 1 G-bit network ports.
The TYAN FM65-B5511 offers higher density and scalable performance with 18 removable front-loaded compute nodes, an integrated 1 G-bit or 10 G-bit switch module, and redundant (2+1) hot-swap power supplies. Each individual node supports a single Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1260L or -1220L, up to 32 GB of un-buffered ECC DDR3 memory, and two 2.5" SSD or HDD drives. Each node has two 1 G-bit network ports and features IPMI 2.0 support.
The TYAN S5510 and S5512 motherboards are available through TYAN distributors worldwide. The TYAN FM65-B5511 Micro Server will be available in late Q2 2011. OEM pricing is available upon request.
Intel and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation.
About MiTAC Corporation
MiTAC International Corp. (TSE:2315) offers consolidated services to its OEM and consumer customers. MiTAC consists of three major businesses: client computing business, enterprise business and mobile devices business. TYAN officially merged with MiTAC International Corporation in 2007. MiTAC is a recognized leader in server platforms and storage devices with established strength in R&D, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain management, service and support.
TYAN, as a leading server brand within the MiTAC Group, designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 server and workstation platforms and server solutions. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, system integrators, and resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. TYAN enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, reliable board- and system-level server solutions.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market