Application multi-tasking with the ASUS VW223B LCD
New 22" widescreen monitor with EzLink technology expands viewing via USB
Sydney, Australia, June 27 2008 - ASUS today announced the release of the new VW223B LCD widescreen monitor.
Traditionally, to utilise multi-monitor computing users had to rely on the support of additional graphics cards, detailed installation knowledge and extra time. With ASUS EzLink (Display Link) technology, the VW223B makes innovative use of the existing USB interface to spread the vision and screen space of multiple monitors for a better viewing experience.
Created for multi-tasking applications, the VW223B can be easily linked to a desktop or notebook to expand viewing. Transferring digital video signals via a USB 2.0 interface, the VW223B can be linked to one or more EzLink monitors - daisy chaining up to six monitors. Installation of the EzLink driver is only required once for expansion. Content can then be automatically moved back to the main screen or notebook display when the USB cable is disconnected. Monitors also return to previous configurations after reconnections, lowering the complexity of adding more monitors.
Enhancing productivity, the VW223B is ideal for users who require a large amount of screen and desktop space such as banking and finance employees, small or home office (SOHO) workers, professional bloggers, and information seekers. Additionally, with its slim and glossy frame, the VW223B can be used effectively as display devices in commercial and retail business.
The VW223B is also embedded with a 3 port USB hub which allows convenient connections to EzLink displays, as well as other USB devices. Furthermore, the VW223B offers exceptional image quality with rich video features - includes ASUS Smart Contract Ratio (ASCR) technology which automatically adjusts the luminance of the backlight for better display and improves the contrast ratio to 3000:1; the Aspect Control feature enables users to select a preferred display mode between full and 4:3 modes without distorting the display image; SPLENDIDTM Video Intelligence technology delivers optimised video performance with intelligent colour, brightness, contract and sharpness corrections, as well as five video preset modes and three skin tone selections. Overall, the VW223B is a simple and cost-effective multi-viewing solution - little or no training is required and each monitor can be rolled out by entry-level staff, resulting in increased work efficiency, lower deployment costs and reduced overheads.
The VW223B will be available in Australia in July 2008 with a recommended retail price of AU$429 inc GST.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than 8,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion US dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100" and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit https://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit