Application multi-tasking with the ASUS VW223B LCD
New 22" widescreen monitor with EzLink technology expands viewing via USB
Sydney, Australia, June 27 2008 - ASUS today announced the release of the new VW223B LCD widescreen monitor.
Traditionally, to utilise multi-monitor computing users had to rely on the support of additional graphics cards, detailed installation knowledge and extra time. With ASUS EzLink (Display Link) technology, the VW223B makes innovative use of the existing USB interface to spread the vision and screen space of multiple monitors for a better viewing experience.
Created for multi-tasking applications, the VW223B can be easily linked to a desktop or notebook to expand viewing. Transferring digital video signals via a USB 2.0 interface, the VW223B can be linked to one or more EzLink monitors - daisy chaining up to six monitors. Installation of the EzLink driver is only required once for expansion. Content can then be automatically moved back to the main screen or notebook display when the USB cable is disconnected. Monitors also return to previous configurations after reconnections, lowering the complexity of adding more monitors.
Enhancing productivity, the VW223B is ideal for users who require a large amount of screen and desktop space such as banking and finance employees, small or home office (SOHO) workers, professional bloggers, and information seekers. Additionally, with its slim and glossy frame, the VW223B can be used effectively as display devices in commercial and retail business.
The VW223B is also embedded with a 3 port USB hub which allows convenient connections to EzLink displays, as well as other USB devices. Furthermore, the VW223B offers exceptional image quality with rich video features - includes ASUS Smart Contract Ratio (ASCR) technology which automatically adjusts the luminance of the backlight for better display and improves the contrast ratio to 3000:1; the Aspect Control feature enables users to select a preferred display mode between full and 4:3 modes without distorting the display image; SPLENDIDTM Video Intelligence technology delivers optimised video performance with intelligent colour, brightness, contract and sharpness corrections, as well as five video preset modes and three skin tone selections. Overall, the VW223B is a simple and cost-effective multi-viewing solution - little or no training is required and each monitor can be rolled out by entry-level staff, resulting in increased work efficiency, lower deployment costs and reduced overheads.
The VW223B will be available in Australia in July 2008 with a recommended retail price of AU$429 inc GST.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than 8,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion US dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100" and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit https://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ