SanDisk Announces SDHC Card Featuring UHS-I Technology
SanDisk Corporation, the global leader in flash memory cards, today introduced the SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I card. The card features Ultra High Speed (UHS) technology from the newly released SD 3.0 specification and achieves up to 45 MB/sec read and write performance with long-term reliability by distributing data rapidly and efficiently using SanDisk's proprietary Power Core Controller.
"SanDisk has a long history of developing fast, highly reliable cards for photography enthusiasts and professionals," said Susan Park, director, retail product marketing, SanDisk. "Our new SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC card lets consumers take their skills to the next level by capturing high-resolution still images, fast-moving action shots and HD videos of the highest quality."
Designed for the latest cameras
As DSLRs offer increasingly sophisticated features such as high megapixel continuous burst shooting and high-definition (HD) video capture, photographers need advanced memory cards capable of unlocking their cameras' full potential. The card achieves high performance and efficient power consumption in UHS-enabled cameras such as the Nikon D7000.
The SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC card's write speed of up to 45 MB/sec delivers improved shot to shot performance of RAW images using continuous burst mode. The card also adheres to the new UHS Speed Class 1 video class rating, offering 10 MB/sec minimum sustained write speed capable of recording HD 1080p videos or even 3D content**. In addition, the card's fast read speeds of up to 45 MB/sec let users avoid lengthy wait times when transferring content from the card to a computer.
SanDisk develops its flash controllers and memory chips together, allowing the company to perfectly match and fine-tune the two technologies throughout the testing process. The SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC card uses an intelligent Power Core controller to achieve its speed. The controller's data prediction and binary caching features allow for improved overall performance.
Featuring an automatic error-code correction (ECC) engine, the SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC card offers long-term reliability that comes from the brand trusted by professional photographers. Advanced wear leveling extends card endurance by distributing data evenly throughout the card. For added protection, the card includes one year of RescuePRO media recovery software, which lets photographers recover their images in case of accidental deletion.
Designed to withstand the most extreme conditions, the new card offers photographers peace of mind knowing that their photos are stored on one of the most rugged cards in the world. Able to withstand punishment, the SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC card is water proof, temperature proof, shock and vibration proof, x-ray and magnet proof. The card is backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
Availability and Pricing
The card is shipping to major retailers worldwide and is available immediately at sandisk.com. The card comes in 8GB to 32GB capacities carrying suggested retail prices ranging from $109.99 to $349.99.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit