Sapphire Announces the First Fusion APU Motherboard
SAPPHIRE Technology, the world's largest manufacturer and supplier of graphics systems based on technology from AMD has just announced its first mainboard based on the exciting new APU (Accelerated Processing Unit) architecture from AMD. As a result of close collaboration with AMD, SAPPHIRE will introduce the SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W mainboard through its Global channel - heralding a new generation of low-power, fully featured PC solutions.
The SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W is a mini-ITX mainboard featuring the E350 (Zacate) APU from AMD. Zacate is the first generation of APU - a combination of CPU and GPU computing technologies onto a single die to improve the performance of both visual and data-intensive tasks. For the first time it combines high-performance serial computing and parallel graphics processing cores on a single chip. The SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W also uses the companion Hudson-M1 (A50M) Chip from AMD.
The graphics engine of the SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W delivers a full DX 11 feature set over a choice of three display outputs of which any pair can be used concurrently. Maximum resolution is 2560 x 1600 over the D-Sub, and 1920 x 1080 over HDMI or the DVI-D output. The SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W can comfortably display HD video content, and will accelerate content in the latest web browsers and Microsoft Office environments as well as in specific supported applications.
Up to 4GB of system memory can be installed, using industry standard 1.5v DDR3 (1066/800) un-buffered SO-DIMMs. Hard drive and optical drive support is provided by five SATA III ports with 6Gb/s transfer rates, and there is an additional eSATA connector on the rear panel with 3Gb/s transfer rate for external drive access.
Extensive I/O connections include eight USB 2.0 ports ports supporting transfer speeds of up to 480Mbps (four on the rear panel plus four by onboard header), plus two USB 3.0 ports on the rear panel (backward compatible with USB 2.0), supporting transfer speeds up to 4.8Gbps. One Gigabit Ethernet connection is provided by a Marvell 88E8057 Gigabit controller, and Bluetooth support by an Atheros AR3011 all-CMOS, single chip solution compatible with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR. The on-board Audio support includes 8-channel High-Definition audio and optical S/PDIF output.
In addition to all the on-board features, the SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W has two expansion slots. It has one PCI-Express 2.0 x16 connector with x4 bandwidth, designed for use with an expansion VGA card, and one general purpose Mini PCI-Express 2.0 x1 connector.
Despite the huge feature set, the SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W features very low power consumption. Its very compact mini-ITX (170 x 170mm) format is ideal for integration into small format or embedded systems. It supports Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems for a new class of performance from highly integrated systems.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower