Sapphire Announces the First Fusion APU Motherboard
SAPPHIRE Technology, the world's largest manufacturer and supplier of graphics systems based on technology from AMD has just announced its first mainboard based on the exciting new APU (Accelerated Processing Unit) architecture from AMD. As a result of close collaboration with AMD, SAPPHIRE will introduce the SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W mainboard through its Global channel - heralding a new generation of low-power, fully featured PC solutions.
The SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W is a mini-ITX mainboard featuring the E350 (Zacate) APU from AMD. Zacate is the first generation of APU - a combination of CPU and GPU computing technologies onto a single die to improve the performance of both visual and data-intensive tasks. For the first time it combines high-performance serial computing and parallel graphics processing cores on a single chip. The SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W also uses the companion Hudson-M1 (A50M) Chip from AMD.
The graphics engine of the SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W delivers a full DX 11 feature set over a choice of three display outputs of which any pair can be used concurrently. Maximum resolution is 2560 x 1600 over the D-Sub, and 1920 x 1080 over HDMI or the DVI-D output. The SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W can comfortably display HD video content, and will accelerate content in the latest web browsers and Microsoft Office environments as well as in specific supported applications.
Up to 4GB of system memory can be installed, using industry standard 1.5v DDR3 (1066/800) un-buffered SO-DIMMs. Hard drive and optical drive support is provided by five SATA III ports with 6Gb/s transfer rates, and there is an additional eSATA connector on the rear panel with 3Gb/s transfer rate for external drive access.
Extensive I/O connections include eight USB 2.0 ports ports supporting transfer speeds of up to 480Mbps (four on the rear panel plus four by onboard header), plus two USB 3.0 ports on the rear panel (backward compatible with USB 2.0), supporting transfer speeds up to 4.8Gbps. One Gigabit Ethernet connection is provided by a Marvell 88E8057 Gigabit controller, and Bluetooth support by an Atheros AR3011 all-CMOS, single chip solution compatible with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR. The on-board Audio support includes 8-channel High-Definition audio and optical S/PDIF output.
In addition to all the on-board features, the SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W has two expansion slots. It has one PCI-Express 2.0 x16 connector with x4 bandwidth, designed for use with an expansion VGA card, and one general purpose Mini PCI-Express 2.0 x1 connector.
Despite the huge feature set, the SAPPHIRE Pure White Fusion E350M1W features very low power consumption. Its very compact mini-ITX (170 x 170mm) format is ideal for integration into small format or embedded systems. It supports Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems for a new class of performance from highly integrated systems.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases