Dell Unveils the Vostro V130 Business Notebook
Dell today unveiled the Vostro V130, the latest and most stunning addition to its award-winning Vostro laptop line. Designed with the needs and wants of on-the-go entrepreneurs in mind, the Vostro V130 combines head-turning style with best-of-breed durability and security. The Vostro V130 is one of the thinnest [as thin as 0.65" (front) to 0.78" (rear)] and lightest (starting at 3.5 pounds) ultraportable 13-inch laptops available and includes color options Lucerne Red and Aberdeen Silver. Constructed from sturdy aluminum and reinforced with zinc hinges and a magnesium alloy palm rest, it is also road-ready and able to survive everyday bumps and thumps. In addition, the V130 is the first ultra-thin laptop to offer Hyperbaric Cooling, an Intel Advanced Cooling Technology, to help it stay quiet and cool.
To increase productivity, the laptop can run Windows 7 effortlessly while performing everyday tasks quickly thanks to the new Intel Core ULV processor, full-sized keyboard and 13.3-inch High Definition WLED display. In addition, the new laptop provides business-class security and superior service and support when and where it's needed, giving customers the power to do more while carrying less. With the Vostro V130, customers can choose their own level of 24/7 coverage with optional Dell ProSupport services and Accidental Damage Service2, as well as get help when they need it with DellConnect 3 which allows tech-support agents to troubleshoot and help repair system issues remotely. The laptop also comes equipped with the latest Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services to protect your system and servers from viruses and virtual threats, as well as CompuTrace4 anti-theft.
"Small and mid-sized firms are re-examining their IT needs and are ready to implement technology that gives them comprehensive access to all the capabilities they need, even while on the road," said Ray Boggs, vice president of small and medium business research at IDC. "Notebook PCs are on SMB shopping lists in a big way as firms shift from desktops and implement product refreshes that have long been delayed. Dell continues to keep SMB needs in focus with effective design, connectivity options and more processing muscle."
Vostro V130: The Perfect On-the-Go Ultraportable for Small Business
The Vostro V130 is the perfect follow up to the popular V13 and includes new connectivity features based directly on customer feedback including the addition of an HDMI port for easy connection to High Definition TV, the ability to back up seamlessly or quickly connect devices and peripherals using the two USB 2.0 ports, shared USB/eSATA port and VGA.
Small businesses can work virtually anytime anywhere wirelessly with 802.11n wireless technology, optional WiMAX technology(U.S. only)5 and Bluetooth 3.0 for easy wireless connection to devices and peripherals such as keyboards, mice and headsets within a short distance. The new SIM card slot and upgraded built-in webcam complete the package, helping you stay connected to your business.
"With the V130, we are adding the functionality customers asked for without sacrificing the beautiful design they fell in love with in the V13," said Sam Burd, vice president, Consumer, Small and Medium Business Product Group, Dell. "Starting today, I predict the V130 will fast become the must-have travel companion for today's mobile professional."
Pricing and Availability
The Vostro V130 is available today worldwide, starting at $429.
Latest News Posts
- Tencent buys majority stake in Path of Exile studio
- Black Ops 4 traditional campaign was never in development
- Battlefield V may be set in WWII
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit