"Klik" your way to unlimited mobile internet access
Oslo, Norway and Podgorica, Montenegro - November 15, 2010
Telenor users in Montenegro can now access the Web for free and without limits until the end of January 2011 on more than 3000 mobile phones.
Today, Telenor launched the Telenor Klik service, featuring the world's most popular mobile browser Opera Mini. With Opera Mini, mobile phone users can enjoy the same web experience as on their PCs.
In Montenegro, the mobile Web is growing at a tremendous pace, and users are exploring new possibilities in mobile web surfing. The Klik service with Opera Mini gives mobile customers everything they need on the move.
Telenor Klik with Opera Mini is a small revolution in the history of Montenegro's telecommunications history, making mobile Internet easier, cheaper and better for all Telenor customers.
By offering Opera Mini as part of the Klik service, more of Telenor's customers will have fast access to the Web on the go.
Opera Mini, the browser of choice to 71.2 million people worldwide, delivers the best Internet experience on more than 3000 mobile phone models. The unique Opera Mini technology compresses data by up to 90 percent before sending content to the phone, resulting in faster page loading, improved speed and lower browsing costs.
"We believe access to the Web is a universal right, and, by offering Opera Mini as part of its Klik service, Telenor is bringing the Web closer to more people in Montenegro," said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. "Telenor Montenegro customers will have the fastest web browsing experience possible, at a cheaper cost and at their convenience."
Telenor network users will be able to activate this service simply by sending an SMS message containing "KLIK" to the number 1455. In a return message, they will receive a notification that the service is active, as well as a link to a page from which they will be able to download the Telenor Opera Mini browser. After installation, users will be able to enjoy surfing the Web.
One of the numerous benefits of of Telenor Klik is that all users who access to Internet via the Opera Mini browser will have exclusive access to online Vijesti site, gaining instant access to the latest world and regional news.
Telenor Klik will bring a completely new experience to customers within the Telenor network-an experience of surfing Internet via mobile phones, without worrying about spending, because all data traffic costs will be included in the price of the service.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit