Lexar Media Announces Crucial RealSSD C300 1.8 Series SSDs
Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today introduced a 1.8" footprint version of the award-winning Crucial RealSSD C300 product line. The 1.8" profile, which is approximately 40% smaller than the standard 2.5" drive, provides an excellent solid-state storage option for the most portable products such as ultra-thin laptops, netbooks, and tablet PCs - without sacrificing performance and capacity. Based upon the Micron RealSSD product design and innovation, the new Crucial RealSSD C300 1.8" drive utilizes (multi-level cell) MLC NAND, advanced controller technology, and optimized NAND management, which together improve boot up and application load times dramatically and enhance overall system performance. No moving parts provides for quieter, cooler, and more durable solutions compared to traditional hard disk drives.
With impressive read speeds of up to 355 MB/s and write speeds up to 215 MB/s, the Crucial C300 1.8" drive natively supports SATA 6Gb/s, and is backwards compatible with the SATA 3Gb/s interface. The new Crucial RealSSD C300 1.8", like the standard 2.5" format, is available in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB capacities, and comes with a limited three-year warranty.
"There's a broad range of design and interface options emerging in the ultra-portable laptop market and this growing segment is trying to achieve a balance between performance, capacity, and cost," said Robert Wheadon, Lexar Media senior worldwide SSD product manager. "Our new drive is an excellent storage option for ultra-portable products; they meet the need for a smaller footprint, and provide uncompromised performance at an affordable price."
Lexar Media values channel partner relationships and is committed to providing expert service, support, and sales tools for Crucial-branded memory solutions. Competitive prices start at US$149.99 for a 64GB SSD, and Crucial RealSSD C300 1.8" drives are available through leading channel partners worldwide, and online.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ