BitDefender releases ZBot removal tool
Standalone utility now available as a free download on MalwareCity.com
SYDNEY & AUCKLAND - September 17, 2010 - BitDefender®, an award-winning provider of innovative anti-malware security solutions, today posted a removal tool for the infamous ZBot Trojan, which focuses on stealing online banking details while monitoring system information to obtain additional authentication credentials.
"ZBot is one of the most prolific breeds of malware and new variants appear every day. As a part of its ongoing efforts to inform, educate and help users worldwide in their fight against online threats, BitDefender has created a ZBot Removal Tool to detect and eliminate most of the ZBot variants spotted in the wild," said Catalin Cosoi, head of the BitDefender Online Threats Lab.
The latest variants of ZBot are able to gather the history of websites visited, information completed in online forms and login pages, as well as capturing screenshots of their desktops. ZBot is distributed mainly via spam campaigns and web pages that unwittingly host its malicious payload, usually under the guise of a popular, legitimate application.
The ZBot Removal Tool can be downloaded from the Removal Tools section of https://www.malwarecity.com, a BitDefender initiative for the software security community and a free resource for those interested in online security.
In order to stay safe, BitDefender recommends that consumers install and update a complete antimalware software solution. Users who wish to run a quick virus check can do so for free using the BitDefender's online scanner.
BitDefender is the creator of one of the industry's fastest and most effective lines of internationally certified security software. Since its inception in 2001, BitDefender has continued to raise the bar and set new standards in proactive threat prevention, emerging as the industry's anti-malware innovator. Every day, BitDefender protects tens of millions of home and corporate users across the globe - giving them the peace of mind of knowing that their digital experiences will be secure. BitDefender solutions are distributed by a global network of value-added distribution and reseller partners in more than 100 countries worldwide. More information about BitDefender and its products are available at the company's security solutions press room. More information is available at https://www.bitdefender.com
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit