Thecus Unleashes N7700 7-Bay NAS Server
Storage leader reveals no-compromise enterprise class NAS device
10/10/2008 - Beginning with the venerable N4100 to the legendary N5200, Thecus NAS devices have established the company as a worldwide leader in digital storage. Today, Thecus is proud to release details about its latest NAS breakthrough - the N7700. Bringing together the cutting-edge technology and years of NAS experience, the N7700 is an enterprise class NAS server that makes no compromises.
The N7700 brings the latest technologies to the table. Headlining is its whopping seven SATA hard disk bays that accommodate up to a massive 7TB of storage. If that isn't enough, the N7700 also comes equipped with an eSATA port where users can install yet another SATA hard disk. To manipulate all of this data quickly, the N7700 packs an Intel® Celeron M 1.86GHz processor and a full gigabyte of DDR memory, which allows for more concurrent connections and quicker system response.
To address the needs of business, the N7700 comes with a few more outstanding features. The N7700 supports iSCSI initiators, making it easy for users can centrally manage and deploy storage for their entire network. In addition, the N7700 is also stackable, enabling users to connect their unit with up to five additional N7700s and manage them via a master system. To manage all of that storage, users can look forward to multiple RAID modes on the N7700, including RAID 0, 1, 5,6,10, and JBOD. What's more, the N7700 also features RAID expansion and RAID level migration, which means that users can add larger hard disks to available slots and join an existing RAID without having to power down the system, cutting productivity-killing downtime to zero.
The N7700 also extremely flexible, offering support for ext3 and ZFS file systems. Users can select the system that they require and create the needed capacity for different applications. For ultimate data security and peace of mind, users can take advantage of the N7700's version control and remote replication. The N7700 is also equipped with Nsync, Thecus' remote data backup application. With Nsync, users can have the N7700 automatically upload files to an external storage device at a designated time. The N7700 is also capable version control via a snapshot function with the ZFS file system, allowing users to efficiently create and restore remote backups.
Performance, security, and flexibility all-in-one. The N7700 has arrived.
Thecus® Technology Corp. specializes in IP Storage Server solutions, including Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Wireless Media Bank products. The company was established in 2003 with the mission to make technology as transparent and easy-to-use as possible, and to make products that are not only the best on the market, but are accessible to experts and novices alike. With a best-in-class R&D team highly experienced in storage hardware and software and with a keen customer focus, Thecus® stays close to the market to develop high-quality products to fulfill the storage needs of today's world.
Latest News Posts
- Oclean One: the world's smartest electric toothbrush
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower