MSI IAP Introduces IM-945GSE as Ultra Low Power Platform Utilizing the Intel® Atom Processor N270
September. 25, 2008 -- Micro-Star International (MSI) is the top 3 motherboard maker with 20-year solid experience who has built motherboard with high quality and solid stability with a winning reputation from worldwide media and customers for year. Based on the successful experience, MSI began its industrial computing business with four product lines of POS, networking, industrial computer and multimedia application.
MSI IPC combines various state of the art technologies and receives recommendations in different fields. Now MSI aggressively designs more fitting product for system solution providers, and MSI IPC have now become the most reliable platform provider.
The demand for an ultra-low power platform with fan-less design is strongly inquired from customers. MSI debuts the IM-945GSE based on the Intel® AtomTM processor N270 and the Mobile Intel® 945GSE Express chipset to provide the latest ultra-low power and mini-ITX form factor platform into solid embedded applications. MSI enhanced I/O connectivity covers dual Intel® GbE LAN, 6 RS-232 ports, DVI and VGA interface for dual displays. IM-945GSE can support various scenarios like digital signage, POS, KIOSK and automation with affordable expenditure. MSI IM-945GSE eliminates risk of fan's failure by wide heatsink as fanless solution.
The Intel AtomM processor N270 on the IM-945GSE offers robust performance-per-watt. The N270 is based on Intel® 45nm process technology and generates 2.5W TDP power and 0.6W average power consumption. The N270's latest SSE3 instruction sets enhance performance for multimedia and gaming application.
The chipset is a combination of the Intel® 82945GSE Graphics Memory Controller Hub and the Intel® I/O Controller Hub 7-M (ICH7-M), which provides great I/O capability including 2GB memory capacity, 6 USB ports and SATA2 interface. The MSI IM-945GSE revolutionizing the traditional definition of a low power and cost-effective segment.
The chipset features the Intel® GMA950 (Graphics Media Accelerator) with full support for DirectX 9c and OpenGL 1.4. The MSI IM-945GSE also supports Gigabit Ethernet by two Intel® 82574L controllers which come with high performance, low power and small footprint.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit