PACKARD BELL UNVEILS NEW NETBOOK PERFECT FOR SOCIALIZING
- ELEGANT BLACK GLOSSY COVER
- DELICIOUSLY RED DESIGN DETAILS
- IDEAL TRAVEL COMPANION
- QUICK AND EASY INTERNET ACESS
Packard Bell, one of the leading technology brands in Europe, introduces today the dot, the first
8'9-inch netbook specially designed for consumers. It is the latest example of how Packard Bell
excels at using design to make cutting edge technology user-friendly with a look and feel that
appeals to mainstream consumers.
Consumers have embraced notebook computers in droves. But there remain circumstances where
a full-size notebook is too cumbersome or too visible to be practical, and a smart phone is too
small. This is why Packard Bell designed the dot.
"We've been watching netbooks ever since they first appeared. But we've always considered
them too austere and too business oriented for consumers," says Emmanuel Fromont, Sales &
Marketing Vice President, Packard Bell. "So we told our designers and engineers to rethink the
netbook, to look at it through the eyes of a family, not a company. The result is the dot."
Perfect companion on the go
A notebook doesn't sit discreetly on a cafe table, but the dot does. Its small size makes it perfect
for consuming content on the go. A notebook doesn't slide easily into a handbag, but the dot
does. A parent would think twice about entrusting their child with the family notebook for a
school trip, but the dot would be the perfect companion. The Packard Bell netbook is designed
for situations like these. If the notebook is the main family car, then the dot is a scooter. It is the
ideal additional PC/internet access point for the whole family everywhere.
More comfortable than a smartphone
Designed to be a discreet and practical companion, the dot has a slim case that fits neatly into a
shoulder bag, while the 8.9-inch 1024x600-resolution display that is easy going on the eyes. It's
hard to type messenger conversations on a smart phone, but not on the dot. The keyboard is large
enough for children and adults. And the full Windows XP operating system provides users with
the features and interface they know so well.
The Intel® Atom processor and 1GB of RAM make performance zippy and battery life long.
There's even room for an extra 6-cell battery for heavy-duty use. The 160GB hard drive, 3 USB
ports and 5-in-1 card reader make it perfect for off-loading a digital camera, while the display is
perfect for reviewing and sharing photos with others.
Finally, the dot is a born communicator, thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi (b/g), the optional 3G
module and integrated webcam.
Availability & Pricing
The dot will be available in European retail outlets from November, starting at an estimated
street price of 399. Availability varies according to country.
About Packard Bell
Packard Bell pioneered the use of the PC in the home, taking an unfriendly but useful office tool
and turning it into a friendly, indispensable feature of today's modern home. Stylish design,
affordability and customer-oriented features are the hallmarks of all Packard Bell products-a
unique combination that no other brand in the European market offers today. In 2008, Packard
Bell was acquired by Taiwan-based Acer Inc., and the combined entities now comprise the thirdlargest
PC company in the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.packardbell.com
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM