FuturemarkĀ® Announces Lords of Overclocking 2010 Competition
Worldwide Contest Starts Today with Prizes Provided by MSI, Antec, Kingston, GlacialTech and Enermax
SARATOGA, CALIFORNIA - June 21, 2010 - FuturemarkĀ® Corporation today announced the return of its annual Lords of Overclocking competition for PC users everywhere. This year's event which starts today will see overclocking enthusiasts from Europe, Asia and the Americas use 3DMarkĀ®06 and MSI motherboards to compete for the title of "Lord of Overclocking" for their region. http://www.futuremark.com/lords
The contest will run for four weeks from June 21 to July 18 with prizes awarded to the top weekly winners in each region. Additional winners will be picked at random from all qualifying entries each week, ensuring everyone has a chance to win.
The prize pool includes MSI Big Bang XPOWER and P55-GD85 motherboards, MSI N470GTX-M2D12 and R5770 Hawk VGA cards, Antec P193 Advance Super Mid Tower and Twelve Hundred gaming cases, Antec CP-1000 Watt and TP-750 Watt power supplies, Kingston HyperX T1 DDR3 and HyperX DDR3 LoVo memory modules, GlacialTech F101 CPU coolers and Enermax Apollish cooling fans. Two overall grand prize winners from each region will also win the chance to participate in MSI's Master Overclocking Arena 2010 event in Taipei, Taiwan in August.
"We are excited to bring the world's most talented overclockers together for our annual Lords of Overclocking competition," said Jukka MĆ¤kinen, Futuremark CEO. "With great prizes on offer from some of the most recognised names in PC performance it promises to be a great event that is sure to set new records."
"It's really our honor to join the highest standard overclocking competition with Futuremark again. We believe there will be excellent winners to join our Master Overclocking Arena 2010 Grand Final. ", said Jason Lee, Marketing Director of MSI.
"Kingston is very happy to sponsor the Lords of Overclocking competition. The enthusiast community knows the HyperX name is synonymous with high performance, excellent quality, and stylish design, " said Ann Bai, DRAM Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. "With HyperX, overclockers can reach extreme performance."
Contestants will be competing to achieve the highest score with 3DMark, the world's most popular benchmark for evaluating PC gaming hardware. Featuring a combination of real-time visual and numerical computation tests, 3DMark is the standard for measuring PC gaming performance and is supported by an online database containing over 35 milion results. 3DMark Vantage can be downloaded for free from the Futuremark website. http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/
3DMark is the world's most popular benchmark for evaluating next generation PC gaming hardware. First released in 1998, 3DMark has since been downloaded by millions of people around the world. It is supported by an online database containing over 35 million results with new results submitted every few seconds on average. Featuring a combination of real-time visual and numerical computation tests, 3DMark is the standard for measuring PC gaming performance. Widely used by the hardware press and technology manufacturers, 3DMark is trusted by gamers and enthusiasts worldwide to cut through marketing hype and technical jargon to give accurate and unbiased guidance for PC hardware purchasing decisions.
About FuturemarkĀ® Corporation
FuturemarkĀ® Corporation is the leading provider of performance analysis software and services for PCs. FuturemarkĀ® is known around the world for its benchmark products, including 3DMarkĀ®, PCMarkĀ® and PeacekeeperĀ, and its value-added online services. FuturemarkĀ® Games Studio, wholly owned by FuturemarkĀ® Corporation, creates original games with new and entertaining gameplay. The studio's first title, Shattered HorizonĀ, was released in November 2009. Futuremark maintains offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit