VIA Introduces M'SERV S2100, Addresses SOHO and SMB Server Needs
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the VIA M'SERV S2100: a compact and versatile server system suitable for a range of applications for SOHO and SMB customers. Available to OEM customers, the VIA M'SERV S2100 is a mere 10.2" long by 4.7" high and provides up to four terabytes of storage in a stylish, compact, low power and low noise system.
The VIA M'SERV S2100 is the first product of its kind to offer the unique advantages of the high-performance, 64-bit VIA Nano processor. This makes the VIA M'SERV S2100 capable of addressing many traditional and next-generation server applications including sophisticated backup, cloud-intermediary service roles along with other storage oriented server applications such as NVR (Network Video Recorder) systems and Log servers.
By selecting the VIA Nano processor, the VIA M'SERV S2100 brings a novel set of features to the compact server market. These include VT virtualization support for the latest virtual server applications and the VIA AES encryption engine that can be employed to offer an advanced and non intrusive on-the-fly data encryption service through hardware.
"The VIA M'SERV S2100 is uniquely positioned to offer a wide range of essential server applications for small business and home office users," said Jerry Yuan, VIA Embedded Business Development Manager. "The VIA Nano processor brings with it an advanced set of features that makes the VIA M'SERV S2100 an exceptionally compelling mini-server product".
VIA M'SERV S2100 Compact Server System
Measuring just 13.5cm by 12cm by 26cm (5.3" x 4.7" x 10.2"), the VIA M'SERV S2100 is powered by a 1.3+GHz VIA Nano processor and supports 2 slots of DDR2 SO-DIMM 667/533MHz memory. Two SATA bays with integrated power ports are mounted within the case, and a type I Compact Flash socket can be used as a bootable SSD for embedded OS/AP to improve the system reliability and enhance boot speed.
Connectivity includes dual Gigabit Ethernet ports while two USB 2.0 ports at the back are supplemented by one port at the front allowing easy accessibility for USB peripherals such as flash drives or memory card readers.
The VIA M'SERV S2100 supports Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (x86 & x64), and Windows Server 2008 Foundation, as well a range of major Linux distributions including Ubuntu, SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 (Service Pack 2) and FreeBSD.
For more details about the VIA M'SERV S2100 compact server system, please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- Stunlock Studios releases Battlerite Royale gameplay trailer
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA