|Ruiz to Step Down as GLOBALFOUNDRIES Chairman
Hector Ruiz, chairman of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board of directors, will take a voluntary leave of absence effective immediately before resigning from the company in January, the company's board announced today. Dr. Ruiz had submitted his resignation in September with an effective date of January 4th, 2010.
He will be replaced by Alan E. "Lanny" Ross, who will serve as interim chairman, effective immediately, until a permanent chairman has been appointed by the board.
Ross, a current member of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board, was previously president and CEO of Broadcom. He also served in high-level executive positions with Rockwell Automation, National Semiconductor, Fairchild Semiconductor and the Worldwide Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation.
Established in March 2009, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is jointly owned by AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC). The members of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board of directors are:
Hani Barhoush, Executive Director, Acquisitions, Mubadala Development Company
Maurizio La Noce, Executive Director, Mubadala Energy & Industry
Giuliano Meroni, Corporate Vice President, President EMEA, AMD
Bob Palmer, former CEO, Digital Equipment Corporation and AMD board member
Bob Rivet, Chief Operating and Administrative Officer, AMD
Lanny Ross, former Chief Executive Officer, Broadcom
Barry Waite, former Chief Executive Officer, Chartered Semiconductor
Katy Wells, Corporate Vice President, Staff Operations and Corporate Secretary, AMD
Latest News Posts
- Mozilla announces VR/AR development program
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ