GLOBALFOUNDRIES Appoints Vice President of Marketing
Industry veteran brings proven foundry leadership experience and extensive background in high-tech sales and marketing
SUNNYVALE, CA - September 10, 2009 - GLOBALFOUNDRIES today announced the appointment of Jim Ballingall as vice president of marketing. In this role, Ballingall will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing solutions and strategies to support the growth of GLOBALFOUNDRIES as it aims to reshape the landscape of the foundry industry.
"The core of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES brand comprises the sum of the unique value propositions that we create, promise, and deliver to our customers," said Jim Kupec, senior vice president of sales and marketing at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. "As we strive to deliver on our vision and become the world's first truly global foundry, Jim's proven foundry industry leadership and experience will help us develop and convey our unique value propositions to customers and stakeholders and position the company for optimal success, as we unlock our customers' potential to innovate and win."
Ballingall will be charged with creating a best-in-class foundry marketing organization and further growing the GLOBALFOUNDRIES brand and market share through offerings that are highly differentiated and leverage the company's unique strengths.
"As a new player in the foundry industry, GLOBALFOUNDRIES jumped on the scene this year with a unique and refreshing vision, plus a leadership position in time-to-volume, defect density, and leakage current control for the most advanced technologies. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is further differentiated by a design enablement model of in-depth collaboration at the design-process interface, simply unheard of in the foundry industry, to optimize our customers' product performance and yields at advanced technology nodes," Ballingall said. "GLOBALFOUNDRIES sets more than a new standard; we are initiating a new era in the foundry industry."
Prior to joining GLOBALFOUNDRIES, Ballingall was president of Ballingall Consulting, where he provided brand and marketing strategies, supply chain, and value building expertise to semiconductor and high-tech companies. Before that, as CEO, president and chairman of GetSilicon, he led a venture-backed semiconductor outsourced manufacturing solutions company before it successfully merged with E2open, a leading provider of solutions for supply chain and demand chain. Ballingall also has held strategic leadership positions at Marvell, UMC, Novellus and GE. Notably, while leading worldwide marketing at UMC, the foundry grew from a distant second place in market share to near parity with the market leader TSMC as its revenue soared four-fold to $3.2B.
Ballingall holds a bachelor's in engineering physics from the University of California, Berkeley, and both a master's and doctorate in applied physics from Cornell University.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first truly global leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing company. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of leading-edge technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with facilities in Austin, Dresden and New York.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- All the legit Destiny 2 deals for PC during release week
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard