Logitech Harmony 700 Remote Simplifies Home Entertainment
Rechargeable Remote Features One-Click Control, Color Screen
FREMONT, Calif. - Sept. 3, 2009 - You and your family love to be entertained - enjoying TV, movies, games and music - in the comfort of your living room. But getting to your entertainment can be difficult, often requiring that you use several remotes just to get to your favorite TV show. The Logitech Harmony® 700 remote, the newest universal remote from Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI), can help simplify your home entertainment by replacing up to six remotes. The Harmony 700 remote features a color screen, rechargeable batteries and one-click control of your favorite activities.
"Millions of families around the world are investing in better home-entertainment systems, complete with flat-screen TVs and other devices; however, each new device adds another remote to the coffee table and another level of complexity to what should be an enjoyable experience," said Ashish Arora, vice president and general manager of Logitech's Harmony business unit. "If you have a half-dozen components and an AV receiver, the new Logitech Harmony 700 is the smartest way to get the most out of that setup."
To get you to your entertainment faster, the Logitech Harmony 700 remote offers one-button control. Instead of a complex series of button presses, or complicated lists of what to turn on or which button to select, after completing the online setup, you just select what you want to do - such as "Watch a DVD" - and your Logitech Harmony 700 remote does the rest.
Color LCD Screen
The color LCD screen gives you at-a-glance access to your entertainment options. For example, if you're watching TV, you can see icons for your favorite channels, making it easy to jump to your favorite shows with one click - there's no need to enter, or remember, the channel number.
Always Charged and Ready
The Harmony 700 comes with rechargeable AA batteries that can go several weeks between charges. When it's time, just connect the remote to the power adaptor and plug it in to recharge. You won't have to hunt for fresh batteries when it's time for your favorite show.
Easy To Set Up
Setting up the Logitech Harmony 700 remote is a snap. You'll never need to punch a code into your remote. Instead, you connect Logitech's newest remote to your PC or Mac® computer, go to https://www.logitech.com/MyHarmony, and download the software. You'll then be prompted to enter the name of your component and the model number - the Logitech Harmony software does the rest. From Betamax to Blu-Ray - you can be sure the Logitech Harmony 700 remote can control virtually any IR home-electronic device. Our online database of more than 250,000 home entertainment devices grows every day. So, you can be sure your remote will work with what you own today and what you add tomorrow.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Harmony 700 remote is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in September for a suggested retail price of $149.99 (U.S.).
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market