HD 4870 X2 FROM SAPPHIRE IS FASTEST EVER
SAPPHIRE Technology - the leading innovator of ATI-based graphics solutions for the PC - is now introducing the HD 4870 X2 - a new DUAL GPU graphics accelerator based on the successful HD 4870 and delivering the highest levels of graphics and gaming performance ever.
The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 comprises two complete HD 4870 graphics systems on a single PCI-Express card connected by an on-board PCI Express Gen 2 bridge chip. Each GPU has 1MB of GDDR5 memory, making a total of 2GB on-board memory. Two Dual Link DVI outputs are provided as well as TV-Out. 3D applications such as games use both on-board GPU's together in CrossFire mode to deliver a single accelerated output on the Primary display only. In this mode, the new SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 delivers performance as good or better than two HD 4870 cards in CrossFire mode, making it the fastest performing single card available.
The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 is implemented on a single ATX format PCI-Express card, with a fan assisted cooler making it a standard dual-slot configuration. This solution will have immediate appeal to performance users with only a single PCI-Express slot available. On a suitable PCI Express Gen 2.0 CrossFireX mainboard it is also possible to use two SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 cards in CrossFireX mode to provide even higher levels of performance.
The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 incorporates the latest ATI Avivo HD Technology for enhanced Video display and features a second generation built in UVD (Unified Video decoder) for the hardware accelerated decoding of Blu-ray and HD DVD content for both VC-1 and H.264 codecs, as well as mpeg files, reducing CPU loading to a minimum. The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 is HDCP ready and is compatible with the latest High Definition displays. Like other HD 4800 series products it also supports HDMI over the DVI interface with the correct HDMI Adapter.
All SAPPHIRE's current graphics cards are Microsoft Windows Vista certified and supported by the ATI Catalyst suite of software, ensuring customers have easy and ongoing access to software updates for performance, stability and added features.
SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 Specification Summary
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit