NVIDIA To Host Inaugural GPU Technology Conference
SANTA CLARA, CA-May 26, 2009- NVIDIA Corporation, inventor of the graphics processing unit (GPU), today announced that its inaugural GPU Technology Conference will take place September 30 to October 2, 2009. The event will focus on how developers, engineers, and researchers are using the GPU to solve the world's most important computing challenges.
The conference will encompass three simultaneous events -- the Emerging Companies Summit, the GPU Developer Summit, and the NVIDIA Research Summit. Attendees will learn about the shifts occurring in computing, preview disruptive technologies, obtain tools and techniques that could impact mission-critical projects now, and network with experts and peers from across a broad range of fields.
"The GPU has quickly become one of the world's most important processors," stated Bill Dally, chief scientist at NVIDIA. "This event will bring together some of the brightest minds who will share the tools and techniques they used to leverage the enormous parallel processing power of the GPU."
The event will be held at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, California. Its three events include
Emerging Companies Summit
- A unique event that provides start-ups that are basing their business around GPU computing with the opportunity to present their company to entrepreneurs and venture capitalists involved in the GPU computing ecosystem.
GPU Developer Summit
- A 3-day series of technical presentations, tutorials and panels aimed at developers of consumer, professional and high performance computing applications looking to exploit more of the GPU's parallel processing power using industry-standard languages such as C/C++ and Fortran as well as APIs such as Direct3D, DirectX Compute, OpenCL and OpenGL.
NVIDIA Research Summit
- A summit designed by researchers and academics for researchers and academics. Sessions are aimed at those using GPUs in science and engineering research who are keen to learn how GPU computing can increase computational power and reduce time-to-discovery.
Further detailed conference information, including keynotes, sessions, tutorials, roundtables, and call for submissions can be found at https://www.nvidia.com/gtc.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit https://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Google's console-killer Stadia wages war on the industry
- Google's Stadia changes gaming forever
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- How can we update our Website design?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms