NVIDIA To Host Inaugural GPU Technology Conference
SANTA CLARA, CA-May 26, 2009- NVIDIA Corporation, inventor of the graphics processing unit (GPU), today announced that its inaugural GPU Technology Conference will take place September 30 to October 2, 2009. The event will focus on how developers, engineers, and researchers are using the GPU to solve the world's most important computing challenges.
The conference will encompass three simultaneous events -- the Emerging Companies Summit, the GPU Developer Summit, and the NVIDIA Research Summit. Attendees will learn about the shifts occurring in computing, preview disruptive technologies, obtain tools and techniques that could impact mission-critical projects now, and network with experts and peers from across a broad range of fields.
"The GPU has quickly become one of the world's most important processors," stated Bill Dally, chief scientist at NVIDIA. "This event will bring together some of the brightest minds who will share the tools and techniques they used to leverage the enormous parallel processing power of the GPU."
The event will be held at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, California. Its three events include
Emerging Companies Summit
- A unique event that provides start-ups that are basing their business around GPU computing with the opportunity to present their company to entrepreneurs and venture capitalists involved in the GPU computing ecosystem.
GPU Developer Summit
- A 3-day series of technical presentations, tutorials and panels aimed at developers of consumer, professional and high performance computing applications looking to exploit more of the GPU's parallel processing power using industry-standard languages such as C/C++ and Fortran as well as APIs such as Direct3D, DirectX Compute, OpenCL and OpenGL.
NVIDIA Research Summit
- A summit designed by researchers and academics for researchers and academics. Sessions are aimed at those using GPUs in science and engineering research who are keen to learn how GPU computing can increase computational power and reduce time-to-discovery.
Further detailed conference information, including keynotes, sessions, tutorials, roundtables, and call for submissions can be found at https://www.nvidia.com/gtc.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit https://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- Team Cherry announces Hollow Knight physical copy release
- Space Hulk: Tactics trailer unveiled, October 9 release
- Life is Strange 2 revealed, new trailer/screenshots
- Broforce publisher announces Switch release Sept 6th
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada