With all-day comfort, RIG 700 Series debuts as one of the lightest gaming headsets on the
market to provide hours of wireless fatigue-free gaming and entertainment
August 20, 2019 - Plantronics, Inc. ("Poly" - formerly Plantronics and Polycom) (NYSE: PLT),
a global communications company that powers meaningful human connection and
collaboration, today announced at Gamescom the addition of the RIG 700 series of wireless
headsets to its award-winning RIG gaming line.
The newest addition to the RIG gaming line delivers a durable, precise and ultra-lightweight
wireless gaming experience. With up to 12-hours of battery life, the RIG 700 Series is designed
to endure an all-night raid or those intense competitive gaming sessions. The RIG 700 series
will be available for Xbox One (HX), PlayStation (HS) and Windows PC (HD).
Available in a variety of new colors and patterns and equipped with a game/chat balance dial
easily accessible on the earcup, players can perfect the precise audio levels that work for them.
RIG 700 HX and HD versions feature Windows Sonic surround-sound to boost game audio the
way game designers intended - giving them a competitive edge.
"With its durable, ultra-lightweight design and long battery life, the new RIG 700 Series provides
the best experience for gamers," said Peter Petrides, Director of Gaming APAC, Plantronics.
"We listen to the gaming community and strive to continue delivering what gamers want.
Ultimately, this has led us to be the undisputed market leader in gaming headsets for
Australia.* We look forward to the RIG 700 series being a fan favourite too." Peter added.
"Lightweight comfort and wireless design are two must-haves we consistently hear gamers are
looking for in their favourite gaming headset," said Corey Rosemond, Global Director, Marketing
and Business Development at Poly. "Not only does RIG 700 Series answer that call, but it also
brings competitive gamers the audio precision they crave, and endurance build that they need
to rack-up their wins and get totally immersed in gameplay." RIG 700 Series, available in HX,
HS and HD editions, includes performance-boosting features, such as:
RIG 700 Series, available in HX, HS and HD editions, includes performance-boosting features,
- Game/Chat Balance Dial: You'll never have to choose between "too loud" and "too quiet." Dial in the perfect balance for your play style
- Adjustable Mic Monitoring: Hear exactly what your team hears, so the only times you're yelling are when you're winning.
- Up to 30 feet of Wireless Range: Step away from your game and stay connected with the fully dedicated wireless audio connection with the RIG 700 headset and wireless
- 40 mm Drivers with Bass Tubes: High-quality, full-range audio with substantial bass and articulated mid-range for high-frequency detail and auditory acuity.
- Removable Noise-canceling Mic: Let team members hear your game calls clearly and easily detach for solo sessions.
A 2019 survey conducted by IDC revealed that hardcore gamers are playing more than 15
hours per week," said Lewis Ward, Research Director of gaming and VR/AR at IDC. "Which
means headset comfort and ultra-lightweight design, in addition to premium audio, can be
crucial in terms of helping these players stay focused, avoid fatigue and gain a competitive
Pricing and availability:
RIG 700 Series for use with Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC will be available in stores at JB Hi-Fi and EB Games for $199.95.