Power-packed and ultra-portable - the new Toshiba NB200 arrives in style
SYDNEY, 21 May 2009 - Style, portability and seamless functionality are the stand-out features of the new NB200 mini-notebook range, launched today by Toshiba (Australia) Pty Limited Information System Division (ISD).
Available in Australia from May 20th the NB200 has a full sized keyboard, great storage capacity, long battery life and integrated webcam. It's the simplest way to stay in touch with people from anywhere you travel.
The NB200 range also allows you to download important data from your PC with synchronisation software, enabling you to take your digital life with you wherever you go.
"Our research shows that people want the same level of functionality and useability in their mobile notebooks as they have in the home," says Justin White, Product Marketing Manager, Toshiba Information Systems Division.
"The NB200 is very versatile allowing you to share photos with friends, write reports, or simply e-mail and browse the web anytime."
Following on from the NB100, the NB200 has a range of new innovative features, colours and style.
Perfect travelling companion
Weighing only 1.18 kg with a 3 cell battery, the NB 200 has a 10.1'' widescreen LED backlight display and a full 19mm pitch keyboard (desktop standard) for easy typing. The NB200 also comes bundled with Face Recognition software offering an easy and fun way to log on.
Powered by a 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® Processor N280, the NB200 also has a Mobile Intel® GMA 950 graphics chipset. This allows users to browse the web, e-mail, run basic applications and access movies, songs and photos.
Holiday experiences can be reported as they happen with up to 3.5 hours battery life with a 3-cell battery or up to nine hours with a long life 6-cell battery. There is also a Bluetooth® interface on selected models and three USB 2.0 slots, including Sleep-and-Charge.
This allows USB enabled devices to charge from the NB200 battery, even when switched off and disconnected from mains power, making the NB200 the ideal portable recharging station.
Safe & Sound
Bumps and knocks are cushioned with a 3D-accelerometer monitoring system which can detect free falls, shocks or vibrations.
It rapidly moves the HDD head from between the platters protecting valuable data stored on the high capacity (up to 160GB) HDD.
Sleek, stylish and green
Reflect your personal brand with a choice of great colours including high gloss black, arctic white & silver, indigo-silver and in the near future, a textured matt copper finish.
"The NB200 is testament to Toshiba's commitment to the environment with an ENERGY STAR V5.0 rating which reduces environmental impact by minimising the amount of power the Mini Notebook uses," Mr White said.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix won't be available on the Nintendo Switch as of yet
- QLOC to port Dark Souls Remastered to respective platforms
- ViewSonic shows off new gaming displays at CES 2018
- NBA Jam remake teased, and now it needs to happen
- Twitter is 'creepy Big Brother', has access to your DMs
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series